Lukey
Membership No:
Branch: No Branch Yet
Main character profession/calling: Father Devotee - Longstor
Secondary character profession/calling: High Mother - Rolbor
Third Profession/Calling: Mother Rose

Badger Company: Expulsion

Post by Lukey » 02 Sep 2019, 16:00

Just letting any Badger company know Including stoic who only started adventuring this month and was only present Sunday night of the gathering that we have been wronged and kicked out the guild of mercenaries. Just gonna break it down point by point for people as I go along:

"As of the first of Harvesting 1019 the Company of Mercenaries known as the Badgers will be struck from the Guild Register by the authority of the Under Council, The General and The Guild Enforcer.

James Howland and Greg Oldham are no longer members of the Guild of Mercenaries. They will be required to present themselves to their Local Guild House where upon they will be dishonourably discharged from the Guild of Mercenaries and their permits destroyed.

Below is a list of offences the 'Badgers'

James Howland and Greg Oldham have committed over the weekend of the Summer Moot. While they have been considered this does not include reports of actions from before the Summer Moot.

Not all the below are crimes in the eyes of the Law of Ithron however they all individually serve to put a bad light on the Guild of Mercenaries. When added together they paint a bad picture of the guild as a whole and tarnish the reputation we have worked hard this past year and a half to develop. As a result of this, action has been taken.

Attempting to collect a 'Vagrancy tax' from people on the paths around the camp during the visit of the Delegates of foreign countries. It is not known if the members of the Badgers took any money from the Adventurers however there are multiple reports stating that they attempted to. If they did indeed take any money, then this would be regarded as petty theft."

- This here, aint quite right. For starters we didint take a dam penny off anyone and followed the orders given of keeping the paths clear during the delegates visit, so we spun a bit of banter with anyone making the place look messy, so giving us a sanction for being proactive and doing a good job. nice one yeah.

"Insulting multiple social superiors including schoolmistress necromancer and guild superiors. It goes without saying that this tarnishes the image of the guild immediately and harms our relations with other guilds."

-I insult alot of people yeah, but I dont remember insulting said necromancer if I did im sure I would of got my head blown up or summin. And if a Guild superior cant have it out with me there and then like GP Fletch did then I aint got time for cowards like that anyway. Also yeah if we are getting kicked out I want a full list of whose complained so I know Im getting kicked out fairly init.

Accusation of petty theft and brief trial. Found not guilty, however this was not the first trial of the Badgers and neither was it the last. A factor of Trials is how many the defendant has been involved in.

-Yeah it was the first so lets not ham it up like a hog roast, and details of this were Howland was having a laugh with a Dwarf regarding his cock, He never stole it or robbed off with it. Got witnesses that will tell you he was found innocent. So like Have a better reason off the bat mate other than, "A badger was found innocent this is bad".

"Stopping and searching adventurers during the Delegates meeting. One documented incident, several others reported. The Badgers claim the Guard captain made them militia which entitled them to do this. However, she has stated that she did no such thing and that she told the Badgers that the General could call it and that they should ask him. He did not call Militia Duty and so their actions had no authority behind them. Also, corruption for claiming to be a member of militia."

- Right this is were you all need to get ready for some enlightenment, not spiritual though, Im in enough shit as it is. Right so after the Merc meeting we asked Mr general, Are you calling militia duty, the response was "I dont think I can I will try and sort it". After a chat with the Guards captain later on Nexi said she could call it and would. So we set about searching any dodgy looking folks, such as some dark elf matey to see if they had the Sereklanite object on them which coulda messed up Ithrons chances for allies and that. Also we said we were on militia duty cause as far as we were aware, we were. No badger claimed to be from a nobles or lords militia at anypoint, and when someone refused to be searched, guess the fuck what? we left them alone as we had no legal authority as we aint rozzers. Mind fucking blown lads. Also if you're gonna bandy about crimes such as corruption either fucking do me for it or stop chatting shit yeah.

Not taking orders from the General during a battle. As it reads, despite any personal opinions held on the individual orders the General’s orders are the orders of your social and guild superior and you are to follow them. To not do so is to insult your social superior and in this case the head of your guild. Punishment would normally be determined within the guild for this or be passed to law as insulting social superior resulting in a flogging or fine.

- Bit of a stretch geez, So if someone don't do what you say its insulting as superior is it? Funny never seen any bandits being brought in being nailed with that, or anyone ever. Aint gonna lie we did have it out, but thought that was it, we had it out General divys out a punishment job done. Guess not. Also The order was not to push the line. So we stopped second ya shouted at us and threatened to rip our permits up, and did not advance at all untill the GP Fletchy lad gave us clearance to do it. so yeah we Disobeyed one order so fair cop on that one.

"Back chatting Guild Enforcer during battle while giving orders. As above, Disrespecting social superior. Back chat not usually an issue but when being given orders its is best to simply follow them and keep your back chat to yourself, perhaps bring the situation up later. Especially while on a battle line and to a stressed-out Guild Enforcer".

-Yeah straight up that happened. So fair one.

Murder trial. Following the Theft accusation and the reports of corruption the Badgers rounded off the night with stabbing a member of their guild in the back and chest multiple times within eye sight of a member of the Under Council, the Defender of Faith of Rolbor and multiple social superiors. All in the middle of a Rolborian event to celebrate their holy day. One was found guilty of assault and fined 2 crowns, the other tried to delay the trial and was eventually found innocent. Both were at the time fined 5/0 by the Guild Enforcer to be paid to the church of Rolbor.

-Right, So lets get this one tucked in bed like a wee nipper. Both found innocent of Murder, I got done for assault. Guild member Apples as well is a pure lad and basically was doing some demonstration with shanks that only him and Howland were privy to. So of course when he went swinging at my boy I stabbed him like 8 times, What do you want from me mate, so my charge was changed to assault, cause guess what, I didint actually want to leave apples for dead. As said hese a lad.

Making a mockery of Rolbors Den in front of the Defender of Faith and a member of the Under Council prompting the Defender to ask for a Blasphemy trial.

-Right then like lets pretend there wasn't an entire corner dedicated to hecklers then. This here right, Is just pure banter slaying which aint, but should be a crime.

Attempting to make a deal with a Portal Demon, said demon arrived in camp and according to a trusted Master Demonologist the Badgers invited it to a game of mini golf. It asked what the stakes where, James Howland began to answer but a demonologist muted him so he could not enter into a deal with the demon. When asking Greg and James what the hell they thought they were doing the following morning they said they thought it was a man in a mask that had come to enjoy the festivities. However, it was already reported that multiple demonologists had shouted out that it was a demon and that unless James and Greg were incredibly deaf there was no way they could not have heard these multiple warnings. Lying to a Guild/Social superior.

- Firstly Demons arent real, so explain that. Secondly yeah, I didint even get there until second innings. And More evidence it were not a demon was that we had about 30+ religious people around, primates the lot. If it was a demon they would've sorted it right out. Therefore it was a matey born with a birth defect who is also a famous golf player who went invisible via potion just so he didint have to do hours of autographs.
You also dont see James shouting out and crying about magical assault init. Cause he understands that even though demons aint real the wizard was probs just trying help him not stick his foot in it which is fair cop.

Also kicking a company out of the guild as a first punishment, seems weird when you got like loads of other options to try first. How will our behaviour ever reform init.

Should of just sorted this all then and there at the gathering, or found me in the hiring square and let me know yesterday General. Ive said my bit. If anyone wants to have it out, lets have it out. Other than that im sorted.

-Scrawled by.
Greg Oldham
Badger Company
Bounty hunter and Bodyguard
Alchemist

Millfence Trollball Supporter

GU??

Chrissie
Membership No:
Branch: Black Country
Main character profession/calling: Master Alchemist (Master Distiller)

Re: Badger Company: Expulsion

Post by Chrissie » 02 Sep 2019, 16:16

Lukey wrote:
02 Sep 2019, 16:00
Just letting any Badger company know Including stoic who only started adventuring this month and was only present Sunday night of the gathering that we have been wronged and kicked out the guild of mercenaries. Just gonna break it down point by point for people as I go along:
Lukey wrote:
02 Sep 2019, 16:00
"As of the first of Harvesting 1019 the Company of Mercenaries known as the Badgers will be struck from the Guild Register by the authority of the Under Council, The General and The Guild Enforcer.

James Howland and Greg Oldham are no longer members of the Guild of Mercenaries. They will be required to present themselves to their Local Guild House where upon they will be dishonourably discharged from the Guild of Mercenaries and their permits destroyed.
If I could Mister Greg
Only your name and Mister James' names are mentioned as being discharged from the guild.
Mister Stoic, it reads will still be allowed his Mercenaries permit.

Emily
Emily Fletcher
Master Alchemist.
Most definitely not a Mercenary
Charlecote lands, Norham

Apparently worth 3 camels

Christine Aston - BC0397

Lukey
Membership No:

Post by Lukey » 02 Sep 2019, 16:21

Yeah I know,

He still needs to know whats gone down though init.
Greg Oldham
Badger Company
Alchemist

GU??

bequietbailey
Membership No: NE0954
Branch: Newcastle
Main character profession/calling: Supplicant Devotee - Rolbor
Secondary character profession/calling: Apprentice Mercenary

Post by bequietbailey » 02 Sep 2019, 17:53

"Demons aren't real"

Perhaps you should have a talk to the Schoolmaster of Demonology about a lovely trip to Sharda then?
Surely if demons aren't real, you won't find any problems there
Fenlin Kittiwake
Rolborian Merc
Known to humans as Kitty
Taggis-Bane

Prior, Nimwë, Rabbit, Crystal Mercer, Brother Valor, Captain Aiden Lockwood

Xenni
Membership No: SH0834
Branch: Sheffield
Main character profession/calling: Mother Militant - Kharach
Secondary character profession/calling: Apprentice Scout

Post by Xenni » 02 Sep 2019, 18:09

The fact you believe demons aren't real says everything I need to know.

We of faith don't always go full hammer at our enemies. If I am able, I will leave demons to be dealt with by the School of Demonology - they are more versed in dealing with them than I ever will be. Many others I know will also do the same.
In faith and Devotion, signed by The Mother Militant - Anna Bower.
The Guardian of the Guardians
The Implacable - Named Hero of Derwentshire
Defender of the Faith

Avatar photo credit to Zanfus Smallguy

lord dollery
Membership No:
Branch: Tees Valley
Main character profession/calling: Master Mercenary (Captain)
Secondary character profession/calling: Kindred - Crowa

Post by lord dollery » 02 Sep 2019, 18:36

Xenni wrote:
02 Sep 2019, 18:09
The fact you believe demons aren't real says everything I need to know.
Educate Defender, do not belittle.

We have all came across villages who do not know even of the Gods, let alone demons or worse.
Captain Brorgar the Bravest Dwarf in Ithron
Son of Brorgan
Of the great Clan Stonesplitter
Kindred of Crowa
Seige Breaker
Streaker of kettles
Butter'er of bread
The Bourbon of the 3 Biscuit-teers

(OOC- Joseph "5 for 5" Dollery TV0115)

Mike P BL8
Membership No:

Post by Mike P BL8 » 02 Sep 2019, 20:57

Good day

I must point out that Greg fought with me yesterday in Kirklee against undead and kryganites.

He may be unworldly, ignorant and at times offensive but he is brave and loyal.

The judgement of expulsion seems extreme but i am not in charge of the guild however Greg I owe you as does anyone who was with us yesterday.
Silas Greenback

Dont talk, Act
Dont Say, Show
Dont Promise, Prove

Rymania
Membership No:
Branch: Derby
Main character profession/calling: Brother Priest - Tralda
Secondary character profession/calling: Apprentice Scout

Post by Rymania » 02 Sep 2019, 21:16

If I may, the lady Tralda will accept you in, it seems like you may have found yourselves down on your luck

In Faith,

Ridley
Ridley Strider
- Brother Priest of Tralda
OOC: Sam Ryman

JWarne
Membership No: GU0837
Branch: Guildford
Main character profession/calling: Guildsman - Enchanter
Secondary character profession/calling: Kindred - Rolbor

Post by JWarne » 02 Sep 2019, 21:17

I must point out that Greg fought with me yesterday in Kirklee against undead and kryganites.

I believe that is part of the problem. They can be good. I have adventured with both multiple times and there has been moments of greatness.

And then things go bad - like last weekend. I adventured with Greg and another Badger, an alchemist Valle (who sadly did not survive) at the Moot in Guiadon. They were both helpful and Valle's sacrifice will not be forgotten.

And then the Badgers get together again and it's almost like they feed on each other's idiocy. They become unreasonable and begin threatening people with having them arrested for disrespecting their social superior. And then they turn around and tell the same person "I don't like you, but I respect that you stand up to me. We're still gonna have beef though."

In my opinion, James and Greg, take your licks. You have brought the guild into disrepute with your actions at the Summermoot, a time that was VITAL that Ithronians be on their best behaviour, and you were both apparently on your worst. You, had your actions disrupted the talks, could have destroyed everything this country is working for. By sheer luck that didn't happen.

Guild Protector, General, your guild, as a whole, was exemplary at the moot. It's a shame that the actions of a couple almost destroyed your good works and your names.

Also, disrespecting my Church's Harvest Festival is not something that we have forgotten, but we in the Rolborian Church forgive easily. Learn from it. Don't disrupt another service like that again, and learn from this punishment. Change your ways. Become valuable and helpful members of Ithronian society. Prove that you are better men than you have acted last weekend.

Virginia Brightwood-Fletcher
Virginia Brightwood-Fletcher - "It's not gossiping, it's sharing!"
Apprentice to Elduin
"The Wolf-Mother took an arrow for her cub. She is wounded, but she will heal."
Little Bull

Lukey
Membership No:

Post by Lukey » 02 Sep 2019, 21:22

JWarne wrote:
02 Sep 2019, 21:17

I believe that is part of the problem. They can be good. I have adventured with both multiple times and there has been moments of greatness.

And then things go bad - like last weekend. I adventured with Greg and another Badger, an alchemist Valle (who sadly did not survive) at the Moot in Guiadon. They were both helpful and Valle's sacrifice will not be forgotten.

And then the Badgers get together again and it's almost like they feed on each other's idiocy. They become unreasonable and begin threatening people with having them arrested for disrespecting their social superior. And then they turn around and tell the same person "I don't like you, but I respect that you stand up to me. We're still gonna have beef though."

In my opinion, James and Greg, take your licks. You have brought the guild into disrepute with your actions at the Summermoot, a time that was VITAL that Ithronians be on their best behaviour, and you were both apparently on your worst. You, had your actions disrupted the talks, could have destroyed everything this country is working for. By sheer luck that didn't happen.

Guild Protector, General, your guild, as a whole, was exemplary at the moot. It's a shame that the actions of a couple almost destroyed your good works and your names.

Also, disrespecting my Church's Harvest Festival is not something that we have forgotten, but we in the Rolborian Church forgive easily. Learn from it. Don't disrupt another service like that again, and learn from this punishment. Change your ways. Become valuable and helpful members of Ithronian society. Prove that you are better men than you have acted last weekend.

Virginia Brightwood-Fletcher

No one asked you love
Greg Oldham
Badger Company
Alchemist

GU??