Badger Company: Expulsion

Published and read only by PCs & good NPCs of the adventuring community
paul_austin
Membership No: MA0441
Branch: Maidenhead
Main character profession/calling: Master - Enchanter

Re: Badger Company: Expulsion

Post by paul_austin » 03 Sep 2019, 18:31

Silas I can't talk for the Mother Militant but one thing I have noticed about those who devote themselves to the faith is that those who become priests are often those with the words to educate and those who become devotees are more action first.

Just a thought of course, I do agree that education and understanding is by far the best action needed.
Sidney Blanchard
School of Enchantment
Charged Scroll of Divine Nature Raffle
viewtopic.php?f=165&t=53222&p=402864#p402864
_
Post prior to
25/08/14 by Alexander Valentine

paul_austin

Post by paul_austin » 03 Sep 2019, 18:35

To the Badgers and Apples

Demons are real, you met a very powerful one, and you were very lucky it's mood was not more aggressive.
I cannot teach you much on demons, but I can suggest speaking to a Demonologist and a priest and learning a little. It may well save your lives in the future.

As for this whole debacle, you did as you pleased and it was wrong, a good chance to learn. I know you will want to protest but please think on something for me before you do; if a member of Badger Company made you look bad would you expel them?
Sidney Blanchard
School of Enchantment
_
Post prior to

jordandavies940
Membership No: CA0768
Branch: Cardiff
Main character profession/calling: High Father - Rolbor
Secondary character profession/calling: Apprentice Scout

Post by jordandavies940 » 03 Sep 2019, 18:41

Being in the same position as the defender you'll be suprised that we can't see demons either. If I had a choice Sharda would be wiped away no more demons to deal with l and salt cleansing for good measure where it stood, however I've been on missions where we've come across a demon that's been pointed out by a preist we tried our luck and our whole party is almost wiped and I've been on missions with demonologists.

Just like other mages they are experts at their craft and often remove demons so I don't have to fight them and only their lackies.

I don't like the thought of a school dedicated to negotiating with demons but Ive seen the work they have done and will trust in them if they decide to playing golf will fix this.

After all if that fails I can always just hit them until the problem is gone

Respectfully

Gwynfryn Sailbearer .
Many thanks

Gwynfryn Sailbearer
Defender of the Faith of Rolbor
Wielder of Malicebane,
Grudgebringer & Dragonslayer
Founding member of Garthan Meddal,
Freedwarf of Brisel
Branded by the Boar as Banterslayer

Ulfarr
Membership No:
Branch: Black Country
Main character profession/calling: Master Mercenary (Captain)
Secondary character profession/calling: Journeyman Physician

Post by Ulfarr » 03 Sep 2019, 18:52

Thank you for taking the time to explain Sydney.

I'm still a bit lost about the golf bit if I'm honest. At a time where we are trying to prove an example to nations around the world I'm not sure games with an agent of the Archenemy (even if for a tactical reason) is a brilliant image for us.

Also like, I know he says he's Mr all powerful big balls but we should look into doing him over anyway.

- Jack
Jack Fletcher
Captain of the House Charlecote Militia
Provost of the Heartlands

"Through Valour we Triumph"

Posts before 01/11/2017 - Father Militant Ulfarr Arnsson

paul_austin

Post by paul_austin » 03 Sep 2019, 18:59

Ulfarr wrote:
03 Sep 2019, 18:52
Thank you for taking the time to explain Sydney.

I'm still a bit lost about the golf bit if I'm honest. At a time where we are trying to prove an example to nations around the world I'm not sure games with an agent of the Archenemy (even if for a tactical reason) is a brilliant image for us.

Also like, I know he says he's Mr all powerful big balls but we should look into doing him over anyway.

- Jack
I would agree it doesn't look good for us, of course if this demon is in cohorts with the Konnish then the current disruption within the Empire is likely something it would like to see continue, that however is just a theory.

And oh yes if we can we should certainly look to do it in and remind it that this is our plane, hopefully a way can be found.
Sidney Blanchard
School of Enchantment
_
Post prior to

Lukey
Membership No:
Branch: No Branch Yet
Main character profession/calling: Father Devotee - Longstor
Secondary character profession/calling: High Mother - Rolbor
Third Profession/Calling: Mother Rose

Post by Lukey » 03 Sep 2019, 19:01

jordandavies940 wrote:
03 Sep 2019, 18:41
Being in the same position as the defender you'll be suprised that we can't see demons either. If I had a choice Sharda would be wiped away no more demons to deal with l and salt cleansing for good measure where it stood, however I've been on missions where we've come across a demon that's been pointed out by a preist we tried our luck and our whole party is almost wiped and I've been on missions with demonologists.

Just like other mages they are experts at their craft and often remove demons so I don't have to fight them and only their lackies.

I don't like the thought of a school dedicated to negotiating with demons but Ive seen the work they have done and will trust in them if they decide to playing golf will fix this.

After all if that fails I can always just hit them until the problem is gone

Respectfully

Gwynfryn Sailbearer .

Mate, If all these religious people of high rank can't see demons then I certainly cant, therefore probs not a demon. Like the undead yeah, First time I saw them, was a bit shook but now I know their real and not just a bunch of crack heads. Show me a demon Ill accept it. But I cant see them, cause religious people cant either.

Only way a badger gets kicked out is if they support the Holly head harpies. Proper shit team.

scrawled by
Greg Oldham
Badger Company
Bounty hunter and Bodyguard
Alchemist

Millfence Trollball Supporter

GU??

TimC
Membership No: BA0239
Branch: Bath
Main character profession/calling: Master - Demonologist
Secondary character profession/calling: Noble

Post by TimC » 03 Sep 2019, 19:18

High mothers and fathers of the faiths can identify them as can any mage of junior guildsman rank or above.

I believe the reason some people are focused on that aspect isndue to the absurdity of the position taken that they dont exist.

There are numerous reports by members of the faithful that they have been encountered, priests regularly preach sermons about the great enemy. If you dont believe them thats on you, but that stance paints the churches, including that of sidhe as lying... think about that.

Regards,
Sir Lucius Valerius, Baronet Bogwater
Master Demonologist
Freeman of Spindlestone
Hero of Aquae Sulis

'You're welcome'

(OOC:all posts prior to 29/08/2016 by Barry Pox)
Bath Branch LO
BA0239)

Sir Rex Manning
Membership No: 0983
Branch: Leeds
Main character profession/calling: Father Priest - Longstor

Post by Sir Rex Manning » 03 Sep 2019, 19:31

If I see a demon, i'll stab the bugger. Unless of course its someones familiar, then i'll wait till that someones not watching then i'll stab the little shit.

Demons need to fuck back off to Sharda, no if's. no buts. no, wait for the demonologist to have a chat with it.

Demons and undead are the primary enemies of the faithfull, and no one of faith, in my opinion, should be arsing about with them.
Barnabas Dark

Priest of Longstor
Proper Bastard
The Pusher
Wood Rush Mine Owner
One Third of Dark, Sinister and Solomon Mines
Light See'r

lord dollery
Membership No:
Branch: Tees Valley
Main character profession/calling: Master Mercenary (Captain)
Secondary character profession/calling: Kindred - Crowa

Post by lord dollery » 03 Sep 2019, 19:37

TimC wrote:
03 Sep 2019, 19:18
High mothers and fathers of the faiths can identify them as can any mage of junior guildsman rank or above.

I believe the reason some people are focused on that aspect isndue to the absurdity of the position taken that they dont exist.

There are numerous reports by members of the faithful that they have been encountered, priests regularly preach sermons about the great enemy. If you dont believe them thats on you, but that stance paints the churches, including that of sidhe as lying... think about that.

Regards,
Your Lordship,

With all due respect, thats a load of fucking dog shite sprinkled with cum. So you have to believe anything a priest tells you, or your calling them all, including the Church of Sidhe a liar? Get fucked, i've been lied to by priests, devotees and Kindreds and it don't mean they cannot lie, bar the Priests of Lord Sidhe of course.

Not everyone in ithron has heard the words of priests Sir, some folk still grew up not hearing of the Gods, some hear of the Gods but not demons, or undead, or fae, or Hulda, or natural, or unnatural creatures. "I know some Priests talk about demons, so that means that anyone who has ever listened to a priest knows about demons" your argument holds as much water as my cod-piece.

I've met lads, uneducated, didn't know which end of a sword to hold, couldn't read, write, could barely fucking talk Ithronian for a starter. "You must know about demons" isn't a valid argument, I still come across folk, on a almost weekly basis who don't understand how the planes work, how fae exist, how you can pop in and out of invisibility, move from one place to another in a blink of an eye. Imagine your dad and mam told you that bread doesn't exist, you never saw bread before, heard about it but never saw it or tasted it, thought it was a fiction, a falsehood told to scare 16 year old men and women, then imagine you getting told that is exists by someone you might not even of met before, some bloke, some women tells you bread exists. I'm sure you'd be skeptical.

Not all of us are a educated as yourself, your Lordship, remember that.
Captain Brorgar the Bravest Dwarf in Ithron
Son of Brorgan
Of the great Clan Stonesplitter
Kindred of Crowa
Seige Breaker
Streaker of kettles
Butter'er of bread
The Bourbon of the 3 Biscuit-teers

(OOC- Joseph "5 for 5" Dollery TV0115)

GM Mercenaries
Official PoP
Membership No: HU0879
Branch: Hull

Post by GM Mercenaries » 03 Sep 2019, 19:38

I wanted to steer clear of this thread for obvious reasons but I find that I need to agree with Mr Dark. It is for exactly the reasons he described that I immediately stab any skeletons I see with my sword. So what if it doesn't do any good and will just serve to put myself and others in danger. I don't need to listen to those that have spent years studying them and finding out how to deal with them safely. No, it is a dagger between the ribs for those skeletons
General Kaelin Ring
Commander of The Grey WolvesFort Holme, Grimsberg
Falconberg Grand Champion 1019
P.Borough dueling tourny and Tees Valley Melee winner 1019

((OOC- Chris Hayward. Hull Branch))
-------------------------
Pre 31/10/2018 Havakk