Moon cross dungeon.

Published and read only by PCs & good NPCs of the adventuring community
Colfer
Membership No: 0529
Branch: Bath
Main character profession/calling: Master Alchemist (Master Distiller)

Moon cross dungeon.

Post by Colfer » 02 Sep 2019, 23:19

Hello fellow adventurers.

May I request a moment of your time, I've heard about this place in passing. I am most curious about it.

If any have been or what this place is etc.. I would be most grateful to be educated about it.

Thank you kindly for your time.

Will
Will "Tall Staff" Reed
"Money is Magic"

Master Alchemist.
Proud former apprentice of Master Ash Stoctown of Seatown.
Fluent user of the "Silent Language"

taycart
Membership No:
Main character profession/calling: Guildsman - Thaumaturgist

Re: Moon cross dungeon.

Post by taycart » 04 Sep 2019, 10:27

Master will

From my understanding it is a fae prison of sorts contacting a litch who used to be a mage before he became corrupted by dark magics, it is comprised of 4 wings/segments which are intune with the cycles of the moon, at the centre of each wing there is a key and with all 4 keys we can access the centre and put the litch down before they can spread the undead they have been amassing within the prison

Hope this helps

Yours

Henry
Henry Ainsworth
High Guildsman thaumaturgist of the mages guild

Colfer
Membership No: 0529
Main character profession/calling: Master Alchemist (Master Distiller)

Post by Colfer » 04 Sep 2019, 12:36

High Guildsman Henry.

Thank you kindly, hmm l tell no lie l intently dislike the fae with a passion.

Would someone of my profession be of use in such a place? As I've been enteraining the idea of assisting. But would be loathed to be a burden to the group.

Thank you again.

Will
Will "Tall Staff" Reed
"Money is Magic"

Master Alchemist.
Proud former apprentice of Master Ash Stoctown of Seatown.
Fluent user of the "Silent Language"

Sylvia
Membership No: Ba 0763
Main character profession/calling: Sister Priest - Vleybor

Post by Sylvia » 04 Sep 2019, 16:45

Greeting Will

I shall be attending this place, and was also looking for information. If the undead are truly there, it would make sense to investigate. I thought Fae unreal, stories people tell children to make them behave. I know different from reading posts, and learning what I can of the world.

I'm unsure if anyone should go in, but undead need to be stopped before they hurt anyone, especially undead fae. I'm sure there may be rare ingredients in there to have, or other things that alchemist's would like?

Is there any other information to hand? As to what to expect? Who this person is who turned into a lich?
Sister Lorrisa, Priestess of Vleybor

taycart
Membership No:
Main character profession/calling: Guildsman - Thaumaturgist

Post by taycart » 05 Sep 2019, 14:45

Just as a quick review to this the undead are just 'normal' undead like vampires, mummys and the like rather than undead fae, the goal is to put down the enchanter/litch at the centre of the prison and to stop any undead from escaping

Yours

Henry
Henry Ainsworth
High Guildsman thaumaturgist of the mages guild

Benfbs93
Membership No:
Branch: Bristol
Main character profession/calling: Master Mercenary (Captain)
Secondary character profession/calling: Journeyman Physician

Post by Benfbs93 » 06 Sep 2019, 00:02

Come along this weekend. We'll probably be headed back there
Baronet Fletch Haveagull
Guild Enforcer of the Mercenary Guild
Champion of Earl Severus of Aqua Sulis
Brizzle based

"I am always willing to be reasonable, until I have to be unreasonable. Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things."

ShaunL
Membership No: NW0470
Branch: Norwich
Main character profession/calling: High Father - Longstor

Post by ShaunL » 07 Sep 2019, 15:11

How farst can da liche bild an armee? It mite be betta to juss clear out da ordinary undead evvry now and den, rarver dan let da liche out to kill him.

Dat problee what he hopin for.
High Father Lowlife Half-Orc
Posts Prior to 15/7/17 Sir Corbin Du Bec, Feudal Knight
Posts Prior to 1/2/17 Doctor Uriah Lubricious Creep
Posts Prior to 17/8/14 - Guild Protector Godric Godricson

Jush
Membership No: DE0964
Branch: Derby
Main character profession/calling: Guild Senior Mercenary

Post by Jush » 07 Sep 2019, 21:41

That is a commitment, one perhaps easily forgotten by shorter lived races in only a decade or so. The liche will need to be dealt with eventually.
Thelnuir
Elf of Eldenshay
::

Sylvia
Membership No: Ba 0763
Main character profession/calling: Sister Priest - Vleybor

Post by Sylvia » 08 Sep 2019, 06:23

Here is my recollection of things, others who were there, if you would like to add to the report, it would be helpful.

Myself, Wisdom and a large gathering of adventurers went out to the dungeon, along the way we encountered some towns folk who were upset with the trial of Dugless, about how he is right about the guilds. The necromancer talked to them and calmed them down from sheer anger, then proceeded to have a chat with them all. I chatted to a few, heard their pleas for help and tried to understand their position.

After a while we moved on, after satisfied we had calmed the local villagers of their plight. We came to the dungeon and had to walk through a portal of some kind, which took us from a dungeon, to a meadow. It was not to deal with undead as first thought, but fae. We tried to reason with the first load of fae, but most wanted to just kill or fight.

We proceeded on and had to play many "games" to proceed, such as chess, where members of our party had to become chess pieces and act like them. We cleared the game easily with only a few people removed from the game. No one was actually injured.

We encountered many fae, but the notable thing I found were people had been kidnapped and bound in a circle, that Master Hulu said had drained some of his power, I know not how much, but I didn't ask. They say that they were in the local library, they felt a whack to the head, then woke up in said circle, we freed them and showed them the exit.

We proceeded through the part of the dungeon, and had to encounter more puzzles.

We eventually dealt with most of that part of the dungeon if not all of it, so we are very close to finishing that section.

The next time we predict it will be open is later this year.

I hope this enlighten people on what the situation is here, and how best to deal with fae, as they seem an interesting race, just interested in certain things.
Sister Lorrisa, Priestess of Vleybor

SM Thaumaturgy
Official PoP
Membership No: CA0598
Branch: Cardiff
Main character profession/calling: Master - Thaumaturgist

Post by SM Thaumaturgy » 08 Sep 2019, 12:45

A good summary from you all, thank you.

There are four chambers, each containing a different type of creature to fight through. These open upon the phases of the moon or by channelling Soulfire into the adjacent doorway. The rooms contain Fae, Undead, Automata and Fowlspawn; one type per chamber.

Upon defeating the boss of this chamber we found a key in the form of a magical flower. When used in the central vase it removed the Fae section, leaving the other three. The flower key cannot be removed, so there is no danger of someone undoing our progress. Once we have all four keys we can confront the Lich.

It is better to eliminate this threat as soon as possible, with each section being removed with no chance of the forces being re-established. This will take time however, the next expedition there is expected to be at the end of this year.

Schoolmaster Hulu

Master Thaumaturgist Kai Hulu
Schoolmaster Thaumaturgy

Posts prior to the 28th of Shielding, 1018 were made by previous Schoolmasters