Undead Hulda Corrupted by demons

Pinned to every local church noticeboard.
Phil R
Membership No:
Branch: St Helens
Main character profession/calling: Feudal Knight
Secondary character profession/calling: Noble

Undead Hulda Corrupted by demons

Post by Phil R » 02 Oct 2019, 10:28

Greetings those of faith,

I am making the assumption that some of you have encountered some of remains of Hulda that have been used to make undead and have been meddled with by demons in the process. I encountered these on the border of Serruma and the Khonnish wastes, but I have seen notices mentioning them scattered about.

Is there a list being made of how to destroy these abominations, as well as how to tell them apart from other undead or demonic creatutes?

I personally saw a pile of rats that resembled a small humanoid, a creature with 2 black broken horns that I was told later was a Satyr, or rather used to be. There were also zombies that required specific weapons to dispatch but I wasn't aware of these there undead Hilda or zombie demons.

Obviously the schools of necromancy and demonology are persuing their lines of own arcane enquiries but is there anything that the churches are doing to gather information as my assumption is that you all are best placed with regards information on creatures from Elysium. For example are there hulda burial sites on Mithra being raided or are there squads of Hilda body snatchers raiding elysium?

Sir Darkmantle, knight of the Boar.
From the desk of Sir Hedgeborn Darkmantle,
Cavalryman, raconteur, knight of the realm in the Order of the Boar and Vassal of Earl Pilkingtion, Sintel.

"For Crown and Country"

GM Blacksmith
Official PoP
Membership No:
Branch: Leeds

Re: Undead Hulda Corrupted by demons

Post by GM Blacksmith » 02 Oct 2019, 10:56

We assisted an Alshanti in the Sintel region that was very much being taken, against their will, by what I believe were demonic undead. We'd seen evidence of dead Abraxian Hulda earlier in the day, and at some foul ritual site, we bore witness to the raising of some fell creature, an Ulfwenher, or however it's spelled, with armour pieces fused into it. It's weapons seemed vulnerable to magic, but I know very little else about it's capacity to fight and take damage.
Douglas Beck

Forgemaster of Ithron
Guild of Blacksmiths

Phil R
Membership No:
Branch: St Helens
Main character profession/calling: Feudal Knight
Secondary character profession/calling: Noble

Post by Phil R » 02 Oct 2019, 11:09

So it would appear that the Hulda are being hunted by the demons and then killed and corrupted. I take it Hilda a rare creatures or are there communities of them that need to be warned or protected?I

We also encountered 3 Hulda that had been drained of all their juices, for want if a better descriotion, a Corvus, a wendigo and an ulfwenhur in an area that was corrupted, the area was restored by the Longstorian with us and the bodies burned.

Sir Darkmantle
From the desk of Sir Hedgeborn Darkmantle,
Cavalryman, raconteur, knight of the realm in the Order of the Boar and Vassal of Earl Pilkingtion, Sintel.

"For Crown and Country"

GM Blacksmith
Official PoP
Membership No:
Branch: Leeds

Post by GM Blacksmith » 02 Oct 2019, 11:12

I'm unsure if there are communities. Alshanti are usually quite solitary, but the Elderkin of the mother of monsters live in loose tribes from what I've seen. The ones we encountered, again in Sintel indicated they were part of a much larger group.
Douglas Beck

Forgemaster of Ithron
Guild of Blacksmiths

Notanecta
Membership No: BC0170
Branch: Black Country
Main character profession/calling: High Father - Vleybor
Secondary character profession/calling: Journeyman Physician
Third Profession/Calling: Apprentice Mercenary

Post by Notanecta » 02 Oct 2019, 17:26

I had a vision over the weekend - a creature that looked like Mint (ie owl like) got pulled through a sticky looking portal by long grabby arms - it them emerged, blood dripping from long fangs and it showed red and black wings.

We also fought elderkin and satirs who seemed to have lost their horns. They were accompanied by undead and undead demons and Konnish...

The Hulda didnt look demonic.
High Father Eldoran of Vleybor
The Royal Institute of Healing.
Netherthong
Mercia

Shepherd of the Mountains

--------------------------------
James Windridge
BC 0170

Adran
Membership No: 0400
Branch: Guildford
Main character profession/calling: Journeyman Physician

Post by Adran » 14 Oct 2019, 10:02

During a recent outing to the Town of Riversbend, a staging post for the Forces of the Grand Army of Fernham agaist the deadlands we encountered several of these undead non demonic hulda.
The Undead Crow like creature (I assume from a Corvus) was generally incorporeal. It seemed focused on performing rituals on the battlefield around the dead forces (mortals and undead hulda and undead demons) which seemed to be a little bit like a Lay to rest, but bad and draining and such. (I can't tell you exactly what it took, but Master Jeruslem of the School of Necromancy saw it). After it does the walking part of the ritual, it kneels and becomes corporeal. It only appeared to be affected by enhanced weaponry. It was able to resist some spells cast at it, and it largely ignored my dagger blows into its back during this time, probably because they didn't seem to be piecing it. The enhanced weapons appear to drive it off, but I think it returned. (It might have been a different one. Its hard to say which undead incorporeal crow is which when they don't introduce themselves).
Necromancy spells were effective against it. But I couldn't tell you which ones.

The Undead part goat creatures (the lower part), with their horns removed (you can see the scars on the head) (I'm assuming Traldan Satyrs) had the ability to disappear and return. This was most likely to the plan of Invisibility, but no one checked. The ones we faced had the ability to regenerate their wounds unless caused by enhanced weaponry.

The blue slightly reptilian creatures (I think were cave Kolbolds, but only based on notes I've read) had an ability to make themselves or another creature be immune to damage for a period of time. After this immunity wore off, any combination of weapons appeared to work.

There was also some sort of Vomity Creature. I think it may be fygolian but I'm not quiet sure which creature it was. The creature appeared to vomit some form of disease. Most likely zombie rot, but unfortunately I'm no yet fully training in my disease types. When it was preparing to vomit, it seemed to stand still and build up to it, allowing you to get clear.

All of the hulda seemed to be quite dead and decayed, but I haven't ever looked at normal undead bodies to know if the undead process has this effect, or if they were just dead for a long time.

There were also Undead demons, including ones that could paralyse you, ones with Venomed swords, ones with diseased swords.
Master Lucius of the School of Demonolgy and Master Jerusalem of the School of Necromancy engaged in "science" and hopefully will be diseminating to the mages guild how to deal with the respective things (I can't tell you which things fell to which spells or even who was casting at to kill some of them).

I don't know enough of Demon physiology to know what types of demons these undead were from, and whilst I could look at the remains they left behind, I have never been able to look at the remains of a normal demon to be able to try and compare. I don't really want to go to Sharda to do so, which was recommended as the best way to look at a dead demon. They were tough and strong and have a whole bunch of strange organs inside them, but that could be normal for demons.

Our testing didn't look at the effects of Faith on these Hulda. But Faith is good against both undead and demons, so I'd hope it would be useful.
Like my Nan used to say " You don't have to follow Vleybors teaching to appreciate when she puts food on your plate"

Samwise Ink
Phil
Read the guidelines!

CaldenofTralda
Membership No: PE1010
Branch: Peterborough
Main character profession/calling: Father Priest - Tralda
Secondary character profession/calling: Father Priest - Tralda

Post by CaldenofTralda » 06 Nov 2019, 17:06

I came across several variants of Unliving Hulda on the Outskirts of Boston, north of Medhampstede. I found that my ladies faith and holy water had effect on the unloving Satyr. We have also come across an unliving Holy Creatures of Crowa, a Valkur..very dangerous indeed. We also came across a Dark elf Necromancer, possibly responsible. It could all be linked to the Grave Warden
Father Caldan StormCrow, Hutchington HouseHold, Adventurer and Aide to the Poor

Adran
Membership No: 0400
Branch: Guildford
Main character profession/calling: Journeyman Physician

Post by Adran » 07 Nov 2019, 11:19

Father Caldan
Can I ask how your ladies faith and your holy water effected the satyr? Was it as with common undead or a different effect?

What can you tell me about the undead Valkur? What powers did it have, and how was it defeated?

I'm trying to tie in the powers that the Hulda have in life to the effects when they are raised. No idea if it'll help us solve the problem, but Ma DA always said I should bring a cake knife with me all the time, just incase I need to slice a cake.

Many thanks
Samwise Ink
Phil
Read the guidelines!

Jamie Mac
Membership No:
Branch: Black Country
Main character profession/calling: High Father - Crowa
Secondary character profession/calling: Journeyman Physician

Post by Jamie Mac » 07 Nov 2019, 17:58

The undead Valcor in Middale was destroyed by a necromancer. It likely could also have been undone with Crowan dismisses. I'm not sure how severe its aversion to holy water was. It regenerated enchanted blows. Its bite seems able to pass on some type of vampirism.
High Father Harry Campion of Crowa
First Sword
House Charlecote

Posts before 14/04/18: Accolon, Templar Order, Knight Marshal, The Seneschal

Jerusalem
Salt Lord
Membership No:
Branch: Cardiff
Main character profession/calling: Master - Necromancer

Post by Jerusalem » 10 Nov 2019, 10:57

Jamie Mac wrote:
07 Nov 2019, 17:58
The undead Valcor in Middale was destroyed by a necromancer. It likely could also have been undone with Crowan dismisses. I'm not sure how severe its aversion to holy water was. It regenerated enchanted blows. Its bite seems able to pass on some type of vampirism.
Harry,

Do you know which necromancer destroyed it?
Although if it passes on vampirism I suspect my questions are already answered.

Kindly
Jerusalem
Jerusalem Cain
Master Necromancer

Any posts prior to 08/14 =Thek Ashveil