Protests and petitions - Primate of Longstor

Pinned to every local church noticeboard.
PR Longstor
Official PoP
Membership No:
Branch: No Branch Yet
Main character profession/calling: High Father - Longstor

Protests and petitions - Primate of Longstor

Post by PR Longstor » 04 Sep 2018, 17:22

To the citizens of this great nation:

Preface
As doubtless many of you have heard, there are faithful members of the light churches around the country that are seeking support for a petition to remove from their places all those currently sitting on the council of light. I am of the mind that secrecy played a crucial part in the regrettable consecration of the dual shrine in Hadsfield last month. So for any who would hear me, this is my best attempt at openness and honesty and should clearly lay out my thoughts, feelings and position on the matter:

The Consecration of the shrine
Let me state that I am solely against the idea of having this dual shrine within the holy site of Hadsfield, and am against the consecration of any such shrine that involves one of the dark six.

I knew nothing of the dual shrine prior to it's consecration, or for a notable period afterwards. When it was discussed in full at the coucil of light meeting (with 6 Primates, the DoF of Crowa, Mayor Mathews and Acting Knight Commander William) my suggestion was to have Primate Stephan arrested for Heresy, and that an open trial should take place in front of all those present at Hadsfield. I thought it important that the now Ex-Primate's trial should be visible and thus scrutable to all. This proposal was rejected by others present at the meeting.

The Vote
After my proposal, detailed previously, was shot down, we discussed where we stood, as a council, on Stephan's actions in a moral sense.

I wish to make this abundantly clear WE DID NOT VOTE AS TO WHETHER OR NOT HIGH FATHER STEPHAN WAS GUILTY OF HERESY IN A LEGAL SENSE.

Our vote was to gauge the view of the council on how we viewed Stephan's actions. If we voted and considered his actions to be heretical then we would doubtless have kicked him out of the meeting. Instead we of varied faith heard the words of a fundamentally good man, doing his work to his lady in the way he best saw fit. And whether or not High Father Stephan is guilty of Heresy in a legal sense, we did not believe as a council, that he was a heretic in a moral sense.

In the interests of transparency, of the 7 faiths that voted, 5 voted that we did not consider Stephan to be a MORAL heretic, and two abstained. I was one of the 5 who voted he was not a MORAL heretic.

To reiterate this was not a vote on the legal status of Stephan's actions, merely our moral judgement of the man, and whether or not we would stand by him.

The petition
I have reached out and spoken with adventuring portion of my church and made it abundantly clear that I am beholden to them, and that any dissatisfaction with the way I conduct myself can and absolutely should, be given voice to myself, Defender Amras or the law.

To my knowledge not a single adventuring Longstorian has raised a concern to any of those parties.

The pack, to which I am honored to belong, stands by me. Many have offered me council, many have given word of support and expressed solidarity. All of which I am thankful for and have taken on board.

My Potential Arrest
It would not surprise me if Stephan's is not the only arrest on this matter, and accept that I too may face trial for my involvement in the events surrounding this affair. I will state now:

I have not, and will never worship any entity that is not one of the seven light gods.

I will never through my actions, knowingly allow any shrine to any other than the seven to be consecrated if it is within my power to stop.

I would never intentionally undermine the worship of the 7.

Perhaps these events have damaged the trust in the primates, but my pack stands strong, our faith and unity a shining light to others. Work to restore this trust in the wider populace may be an arduous task, but it is part of the duty of the primate to ensure faith in the deity and trust in the church are strong.

To summarise
I am beholden to my church and my country, and will face a trial if it is needed. If someone wishes me arrested, this process is well laid out in the law document, available to all citizens on these notices and through LOcal law-houses.

If a member of the faith wishes to issue a vote of no confidence, then this right is well detailed and information is available at all LOcal churches.

I face my future gladly, armed with faith and acceptance in my actions. This wolf will go on, surrounded by his pack, spreading the faith and doing Longstors work as long as he can.

In faith,
Primate T Green

Before 16/06/19 - Primate Fletcher

ohjw1989
Membership No: BR0814
Branch: Bristol
Main character profession/calling: Rural Forester

Re: Protests and petitions - Primate of Longstor

Post by ohjw1989 » 07 Sep 2018, 12:08

Primate Fletcher.
The duel shrine is to my view herasy. Anyone worshipping at a duel shrine even with only the intention of worshipping the good half is still worshipping at a shrine with a dark half. The herasy laws do state worshipping any god not of the 7 so anyone worshipping there would under the law be classed as a heretic. Primate stephen by creating it intentionally or probably recklessly undermined the worship of the 7 so an arrest for herasy is certainly warrented. The council of light by not condemning his actions are potentially recklessly undermining the the worship of the 7. It is grounds for the arrests that have happened certainly. Whatever happens at trial is another matter. I would say to you and the whole council of light though whatever the outcome of a trial it should not have an effect on your position within the church unless as you say your church decides otherwise. (Personally I think your doing a good job). I would say to everyone in the adventuring community that the recommended punishment for herasy is not death unless they refuse to give up heretical items. As there are no items to give up a brand and lashes are the recommended punishment. So hopefully this whole sorry affair can be cleared up soon.
Sir Felix Redwood
Rural Forester
Baronette of Greenvale
Brisel way

PR Longstor
Official PoP
Membership No:
Branch: No Branch Yet
Main character profession/calling: High Father - Longstor

Re: Protests and petitions - Primate of Longstor

Post by PR Longstor » 07 Sep 2018, 16:45

Felix,

We go back a while, please, call me Collin.

I agree with you entirely. Apart from the part where you say I may have recklessly undermined the worship of the 7 of course.

I have layed out my reasoning against such a point in great detail to the defenders who are investigating this case.

As a legal officer I believe you're also well within your rights to request such reasoning and I'd be happy to provide it if you wish to send me a private message.

Keep up the good work!

In faith and respect,
Primate T Green

Before 16/06/19 - Primate Fletcher