Heresy Trials - Results and fallout

Pinned to every local church noticeboard.
Xenni
Membership No: SH0834
Branch: Sheffield
Main character profession/calling: Mother Militant - Kharach
Secondary character profession/calling: Apprentice Scout

Re: Heresy Trials - Results and fallout

Post by Xenni » 10 Sep 2018, 08:23

Hopefully that will be the end of the matter, and hopefully the people of the land will not lose faith in our church clergy and our justice system.
Anna Bower - The Implacable.
Defender of the Faith of Kharach.

Avatar photo credit to Zanfus Smallguy

JWarne
Membership No: 0837
Branch: Norwich
Main character profession/calling: Journeyman Alchemist
Secondary character profession/calling: Apprentice Mercenary

Post by JWarne » 10 Sep 2018, 08:56

Lowlife,

There will be other trials, these are only three results. There will be a further six results to come.

Mother Militant Bower, I can answer this. I understand how Collin may not remember. The punishments for both Primate Collin and Primate Caleb of Sidhe were the same. A branding and six lashes each. Ex-Primate Stephen received a branding and a minimum of forty years' community service.

With faith,

Chaplain Virginia
Tallulah Garland

Brewer of the Bed and Baker in Fernham

lord dollery
Membership No: 0114
Branch: Tees Valley
Main character profession/calling: Master Mercenary (Captain)
Secondary character profession/calling: Kindred - Crowa

Post by lord dollery » 10 Sep 2018, 09:11

paul_austin wrote:
10 Sep 2018, 00:39
They are still Primates and in the case of one a member of Ithrons Nobility.
They have been tried, convicted and paid for their crimes.
As civilised beings we work via the court of law, not that I expect you to understand that, just to remember your place.
I know my place Enchanter, its stood on my non-heretic dwarf box, not being a fucking heretic. Noble or not, Primate or not, he's still a heretic, being in a high ranking position does not make you immune to the law or its punishments.

Also I'm a captain, so know your place...or don't, frankly I don't give a shit to be honest, just don't be a heretic and you should be reet.
PR Longstor wrote:
10 Sep 2018, 03:04
I hope you never have to face such harsh and dogmatic justice as was served today.
You committed heresy and got caught and punished by the King's Law. As a former lawman I thought you might understand how this works.
PR Longstor wrote:
Your words only seek to widen divides between adventurers, to erode my spirit. Your attempts to degrade me will not have the desired effect.
Lets have a think of what divides adventurers more, a Captain and Kindred of Crowa (also not a heretic) calling out a heretic for being a heretic, or the Primate of Longstor being found guilty of heresy and branded as a heretic. Our survey says? You being a heretic.
PR Longstor wrote:
One day, perhaps, you will feel as though a massive injustice has been done to you, and on that day I truly hope you get as much support and consolation has I have thus-far experienced.
If i'm a heretic I don't deserve support, a cuddle, a pat on the back saying "There there kiddo, everything's going to be ok" I deserve to be called out for what I would be, a fucking heretic.

But lets just check my face a second, oh no wait, i'm not a heretic. A massive injustice, lets not mess about, you committed a crime and got caught, dry up those tears, take you punishment like a big boy and crack on.
Captain Brorgar the Bravest Dwarf in Ithron
Son of Brorgan
Of the great Clan Stonesplitter
Kindred of Crowa
Hammer of the Mercenaries
Siege Breaker
Shitter of kettles
Butter'er of bread
The Bourbon of the 3 Biscuit-teers

(OOC- Joseph Dollery TV0115)

Phil R
Membership No:
Branch: St Helens
Main character profession/calling: Feudal Knight
Secondary character profession/calling: Noble

Post by Phil R » 10 Sep 2018, 09:35

This is obviously a church matter, however I have to agree with the Dwarf, although it pains me to do so. He may be brash and blunt but in essence he has a solid point.

In the eyes of the non-faithful, like myself, to have a branded heretic as a leader will only damage the reputation of the church and dissuade conversions.

I had the pleasure attending a rolborian harvest festival and I was told a tale of candlemakers that opened my eyes to them for the first time, before then I didn't consider them at all.

So in a similar vain, would you buy candles from a candle maker who was a branded heretic? Would you buy candles from a guild of candle makers who all followed the lead of a branded heretic?

If you knew nothing of the specific details then I would wager the fact that the head candle maker was a branded heretic would give you severe doubts about whether buying candles would be supporting his the work of a known heretic.

I don't frequent this area usually but public ithronion notices concerning this have prompted me to do so. I have a lot of new found respect for the churches and don't want this to damage their reputation as a whole.

Sir Darkmantle
Order of the Boar
From the desk of Sir Hedgeborn Darkmantle, Knight Castellan.
Cavalryman, raconteur, knight of the realm in the Order of the Boar and Vassal of Earl Pilkingtion, Sintel.

"For Crown and Country"

Xenni
Membership No: SH0834
Branch: Sheffield
Main character profession/calling: Mother Militant - Kharach
Secondary character profession/calling: Apprentice Scout

Post by Xenni » 10 Sep 2018, 09:54

I'm not sure what question you're answering Chaplain, I care not for the number of lashes but simply something to relay to the people I meet. Thank you for the specifics, however.

---

Putting my respect for the position of Primate and the brotherhood of faiths aside, frankly I cannot see how a branded Heretic can expect to hold a position of leadership and spiritual guidance. Everything our Priests and Priestess' work for is undermined by that brand. I've felt the rage and betrayal in their words that their hard work is for naught as a result of this. I find myself preaching more than fighting recently trying to quell the frustration of these people, trying to uphold the reputations of the churches. While I'm not a fan of Brorgars skillful use of language I must agree with his points.

The rupture has been made by the actions of The Council of Light and it now down to us to repair that chasm. We shun heretics. We preach the ways of the Seven. We teach the people of the land to do the same. By having branded primates the problem will only grow. There were calls for the primates to be hung in some villages, just so you know.
Anna Bower - The Implacable.
Defender of the Faith of Kharach.

Avatar photo credit to Zanfus Smallguy

AshWilcox
Membership No:
Branch: No Branch Yet
Main character profession/calling: Novice Rose

Post by AshWilcox » 10 Sep 2018, 10:06

I must concur with the mother militant, the knight of the boar and the dwarf.

I have come across many common folk being convinced by lower ranking members of the churches to sign petitions to hold a mass vote of no confidence against the council of light. So far I have made every effort to talk them down to prevent any rabble rousing or how you say, a witch hunt.

If a person who has been found guilty of heresy under ithronian law under the eyes of lord sidthe and they kept their position as primate it would only strengthen the resolve of those wanting to hold a vote of no confidence and could potentially cause a great deal of civil unrest.

With all due respect primate Fletcher. Though I have not met you and do not know you personally, I would advise to yourself and any others found guilty, that in the eventuality that your appeal is overturned to gracefully step down from your position and work to make reparations to your reputation through actions as an adventurer.

I ask this not just for the sake of the churches but for your own sake as well since there is only so much people can to to quell civil unrest before the common folk resort to violence.
Flóki Valcorson
Novice Rose

(Posts before Jan 2020 from previous characters)

lord dollery

Post by lord dollery » 10 Sep 2018, 10:09

AshWilcox wrote:
10 Sep 2018, 10:06
I must concur with the mother militant, the knight of the boar and the dwarf.
Shit the actual bed, when the Axirian agrees with the Dwarf, you know you've fucked up.
Son of Brorgan
Kindred of Crowa
Siege Breaker
Shitter of kettles
Butter'er of bread

EamonCragg
Membership No: ED0900
Branch: Edinburgh
Main character profession/calling: City Guardsman
Secondary character profession/calling: Apprentice Mercenary
Third Profession/Calling: Kindred - Sidhe

Post by EamonCragg » 10 Sep 2018, 11:19

Captain Brogar, are you going to be so keen to denounce when your own Defender is found guilty of the same thing?

To my understanding Mordrid has done exactly as Primate Fletcher did.

(Personally I don't believe either of them is a heretic)
City Guardsman Morgan Webb

Law Enforcer of Lirron
Bastard Son
Two time Konnish Veteran, one time Axirian Veteran.

Formerly: Father Militant Tir aep Galas of Longstor

Avatar picture by Bailey Erikson

Palthera
Membership No: BR0126
Branch: Bristol

Post by Palthera » 10 Sep 2018, 11:26

EamonCragg wrote:
10 Sep 2018, 11:19
Captain Brogar, are you going to be so keen to denounce when your own Defender is found guilty of the same thing?

Almost certainly. Brorgar may be a dwarf but he clearly believes in right and wrong and loyalties or friendship have no bearing on which way his moral compass points. Which is correct of course, just because someone is your ally or your friend does not make them infallible or automatically incapable of wrongdoing.
Dzulija
Guild Senior Alchemist
1/6th worthy to be Empress of Axir

Posts before 02-06-19: Lady Eleanor Silures of the Griffin Order
Posts before 27-08-16: Sister Nemo of Crowa

OOC: Cara Bull, Bristol LO

lord dollery

Post by lord dollery » 10 Sep 2018, 11:30

EamonCragg wrote:
10 Sep 2018, 11:19

Yes absolutely, if the Defender of the Faith of Crowa has been found guilty of the same crime the he will be a dirty fucking heretic an all. Don't think I would favour my own, a heretic is a heretic and they deserve to be punished and despised for their heretical ways, regardless if they share the same faith of me or not.

Well personally I think the sky isn't blue but its actually green with pink stripes but my personal beliefs don't change facts or the law, you might not think the Primate is a heretic, but the King's Law has stated he is, so he is.
Son of Brorgan
Kindred of Crowa
Siege Breaker
Shitter of kettles
Butter'er of bread