Heresy Trials - Results and fallout

Pinned to every local church noticeboard.
Mike P BL8
Membership No:

Re: Heresy Trials - Results and fallout

Post by Mike P BL8 » 10 Sep 2018, 17:43

Sir Ash, comments such as that made by the Primate against the judges at his court hearing are incredibly important as they may well require further investigations.

Or if they are unfounded they need to be retracted.
Silas Greenback

Dont talk, Act
Dont Say, Show
Dont Promise, Prove

JWarne
Membership No: 0837
Branch: Norwich
Main character profession/calling: Journeyman Alchemist
Secondary character profession/calling: Apprentice Mercenary

Post by JWarne » 10 Sep 2018, 19:29

I believe Primate Collin means judged guilty in the court of public opinion.

What everyone is forgetting here is that Stephan did not ask permission. He did it without the blessing of the council and went to the Council and it was discussed what to do AFTER THE FACT.

The opinion was to show unity within the council, not to stand with a heretic (although that ended up being the outcome). Not a one of the council believes Stephan innocent, what they were trying to do was mitigate fallout. It obviously didn't work, and the actions of one well-meaning and good intentioned man were an act of heresy.

Stephan attempted to reduce conflict with the Dark. What a shame that he caused so, so much more within the Light and is still doing so.

With faith,

Chaplain Virginia
Tallulah Garland

Brewer of the Bed and Baker in Fernham

TimC
Membership No: BA0239
Branch: Bath
Main character profession/calling: Master - Demonologist
Secondary character profession/calling: Noble

Post by TimC » 10 Sep 2018, 19:37

Please don't take this the wrong way Virginia, but as a man who has been frequently judged in the court of public opinion due to my proffession, who my master was and what my master did: actions, not words.

IF the council wanted to show unity, it should have been against the machinations of a leader of a church to one of the dark 6.

Perhaps they should have made a clear statement at the weekend after it happened to show their condemnation of it.

Perhaps they should have not allowed heretics into the camp, and claiming they were under their protection.

They did not.

And they are being judged for it, and where appropriate they will be found wanting.

These are my personal views. Not those of the mages guild, or the school of demonology.
Sir Lucius Valerius, Baronet Bogwater
Schoolmaster Demonology
Freeman of Spindlestone
Hero of Aquae Sulis

'You're welcome'

(OOC:all posts prior to 29/08/2016 by Barry Pox)
Bath Branch LO
BA0239)

PR Longstor
Official PoP
Membership No:
Branch: No Branch Yet
Main character profession/calling: High Father - Longstor

Post by PR Longstor » 10 Sep 2018, 20:07

Although at this point it may seem superfluous: I had absolutely nothing to do with allowing heretics into Hadsfield. I can assure you, had I been there, another dark primate would have rejoined the cycle that weekend.

I was found guilty solely for voting to aid a good man, serving his goddess the best way he knew how.

in Faith,
Primate T Green

Before 16/06/19 - Primate Fletcher

JWarne
Membership No: 0837
Branch: Norwich
Main character profession/calling: Journeyman Alchemist
Secondary character profession/calling: Apprentice Mercenary

Post by JWarne » 10 Sep 2018, 20:11

Honestly, Lucius, I take no offense. I'm not saying what they did was right, just that that's what they were trying to do.

I will stand with Collin, and with Caleb, and Felix, and Calderon, and Mordrid, and Bray, no matter what happens with the remaining trials. I do not believe that their actions warranted a branding.

I also do not speak for anyone else. But my support is with the Council, though definitely not Stephan.

With faith,

Chaplain Virginia
Tallulah Garland

Brewer of the Bed and Baker in Fernham

TimC
Membership No: BA0239
Branch: Bath
Secondary character profession/calling: Noble

Post by TimC » 10 Sep 2018, 21:18

PR Longstor wrote:
10 Sep 2018, 20:07
Although at this point it may seem superfluous: I had absolutely nothing to do with allowing heretics into Hadsfield. I can assure you, had I been there, another dark primate would have rejoined the cycle that weekend.

I was found guilty solely for voting to aid a good man, serving his goddess the best way he knew how.

in Faith,
My comment about allowing heretics was a general one given the events of the weekend by members of the Council of Light, not against you in particular
Sir Lucius Valerius, Baronet Bogwater
Schoolmaster Demonology
Freeman of Spindlestone
Hero of Aquae Sulis

'You're welcome'

(OOC:all posts prior to 29/08/2016 by Barry Pox)
Bath Branch LO
BA0239)

knightwarden7
Membership No:
Branch: Hull
Main character profession/calling: Apprentice Mercenary

Post by knightwarden7 » 10 Sep 2018, 22:56

we do very little with this discussion but waste ink, the trials so far have been done and the punisments carried through, now we should have patience whilst the others convene and when it is done that should be the end of it. The brand is a harsh reminder of past crimes and it is a weight that must be borne to the end of their days, a memory of wrongs and a lesson to do better, if the king or the undercouncil for that is with whom the decision rests chooses to remove primates or defenders from their posts then it will happen until then let the weight of position combined with the brand be the cross they bare and maybe those of stronger stomache will emerge redeemed
Ragnar Albertson
Mercenary Apprentice

Steve
Membership No: PO0398
Branch: Portsmouth
Secondary character profession/calling: Master Scout (Ranger)

Post by Steve » 12 Sep 2018, 09:21

PR Longstor wrote:

in Faith,
Primate Fletcher, I don't doubt your statement as quoted.
The fact remains that you did support an uncontestable Heretical action - as you state above, and as such were found guilty and punished accordingly with lashes and being branded on your face so everyone can see that you've been judged and aptly punished. The fact that you are not in Sin, have been ratified in your position, (before the above happened ?), by the Lord Longstor evidenced by your receiving his holy relic has no real bearing as far as the Kings law is concerned, at least that's how i view the matter.
In my opinion as far as the good of the Churches is concerned a branded Heretic should not hold the position of Primate, I would advise you & those also branded in your position, step down with as much grace as can be mustered as soon as possible, lest you cause further rifts & dissention amongst the faithfull.

Of course the above is just my opinion and may be ignored as you wish.

Rgds
William
William Scathlock,
Master Demonologist
Hero of Portsdean
Freeman of Portsdean
prior SF 2014 Ethan Morgan, prior SF 2011 HF Jack Chance

jordandavies940
Membership No: CA0768
Branch: Cardiff
Main character profession/calling: High Father - Rolbor
Secondary character profession/calling: Apprentice Scout

Post by jordandavies940 » 12 Sep 2018, 11:19

Steve wrote:
12 Sep 2018, 09:21
PR Longstor wrote:

in Faith,
Primate Fletcher, I don't doubt your statement as quoted.
The fact remains that you did support an uncontestable Heretical action - as you state above, and as such were found guilty and punished accordingly with lashes and being branded on your face so everyone can see that you've been judged and aptly punished. The fact that you are not in Sin, have been ratified in your position, (before the above happened ?), by the Lord Longstor evidenced by your receiving his holy relic has no real bearing as far as the Kings law is concerned, at least that's how i view the matter.
In my opinion as far as the good of the Churches is concerned a branded Heretic should not hold the position of Primate, I would advise you & those also branded in your position, step down with as much grace as can be mustered as soon as possible, lest you cause further rifts & dissention amongst the faithfull.

Of course the above is just my opinion and may be ignored as you wish.

Rgds
William
William

If I remember rightly the chief justice has pointed out that no lashes and marks are to be received until appeals have been processed.
No punishments are carried out until appeals to the Chief Justice are complete. No-one is branded or lashed yet, unless they have accepted that and are not appealing
Respectfully

Gwynfryn Sailbearer
Many thanks

Gwynfryn Sailbearer
Defender of the Faith of Rolbor
Wielder of Malicebane,
Grudgebringer & Dragonslayer
Founding member of Garthan Meddal,
Freedwarf of Brisel
Branded by the Boar as Banterslayer

Steve
Membership No: PO0398
Branch: Portsmouth
Secondary character profession/calling: Master Scout (Ranger)

Post by Steve » 12 Sep 2018, 11:28

My apologies Father Sailbearer, I had heard primate Fletcher had received the judgment & punishment and then adventured this Sunday past - I was present for the trial, I have no wish to mislead anyone but my sentiments remain the same; The courts findings are correct, the punishment well within remit and a Branded Heretic should not hold a position higher than novice within a Faith in my humble opinion. Should my missive offend or mislead I can happily write a further note to retract it?
Honestly I would see the matter put to bed with those found guilty accepting it and moving on, I note no-one has undone this heresy by deconsecrating the dual shrine?
Kind regards
William Scathlock,
Master Demonologist
Hero of Portsdean
Freeman of Portsdean
prior SF 2014 Ethan Morgan, prior SF 2011 HF Jack Chance