Primates, dual shrines and morality

Pinned to every local church noticeboard.
Mike P BL8
Membership No:

Primates, dual shrines and morality

Post by Mike P BL8 » 26 Sep 2018, 07:55

Good day, only a few of you may know me but I feel that I must share my opinions on the matters of the past months.

We have a dual shrine in Hadsfield, convicted blasphemers as primates, other senior church members have been removed for their positions and yet I can see little in the way of statements to the people of Ithron regarding any resolution to these matters.

As a member of the adventuring community I feel justifiably outraged, it seems almost like matters have been dealt with behind closed doors of the churches and courts of law with scant communication of the full repercussions or resolutions.

The churches are our spiritual guides and protectors but even primates are not above criticism when they have made mistakes, even such grand ones.

The law of the land has been served under the watchful eye of the Archduke but I feel that these are matters which must be discussed publically and openly before the people of Ithron become split by divided opinion on what is happening.

The rumblings and rumours have already began to cause a stir in our fair land with several reports from adventurers stating people are confused by what is happening.

I feel it is time for honesty and clarity to prevail so we can return to a time of moral strength.

Theodore
Silas Greenback

Dont talk, Act
Dont Say, Show
Dont Promise, Prove

PR Longstor
Official PoP
Membership No:
Branch: No Branch Yet
Main character profession/calling: High Father - Longstor

Re: Primates, dual shrines and morality

Post by PR Longstor » 26 Sep 2018, 11:01

I'm sorry that you feel this way Theodore.

Throughout the process I have attempted to be open an honest with the proceedings. You will find my post and discussions across the church and Ithronian notices.

Even after conviction I explained my feelings and desire to appeal. We have not been privy to the thought process of the Archduke, merely his verdict and later consideration on the matter.

With regards to the dual shrine at Hadsfield I intend to quest for the knowledge to deconsecrate a shrine, then intend to do so myself. Leaving only 10 shrines at Hadsfield. Should any other wish to complete the task before I am able then I will no discourage you.

Kindest regards,
Primate T Green

Before 16/06/19 - Primate Fletcher

Mike P BL8
Membership No:

Post by Mike P BL8 » 26 Sep 2018, 11:35

My thanks Primate, this goes some way to alleviate my fears and in fairness to you,I have found you to be have been forthright throughout proceedings.

As for the shrine if you have a desire to undertake this task I commend you for your efforts going forward and wish you the best on this holy quest, let the unrighteous feel you wrath should they try to impede your progress.

However, there are the other churches of light for whom no statements have been issued whether with regards to how these proceedings have effected the people of Ithron and the sanctity of the 7 light faiths, let them follow your example and address the people in a open manner.
Silas Greenback

Dont talk, Act
Dont Say, Show
Dont Promise, Prove

Jerimia Cotton
Membership No:
Branch: Hull
Main character profession/calling: Father Priest - Tralda
Secondary character profession/calling: Journeyman Physician

Post by Jerimia Cotton » 26 Sep 2018, 11:41

Theodore

As for the Crowan Church there has been no statement from Defender Mordrid to us. I'm not even aware if he has had his trial yet or not. But I will endeavour to find out for you.

With Primate Caladras retirement at Hadsfield (before all this happened) we are waiting on the undercouncil to pick her successor.
Hugh
Traldan Priest
Halfling, Physician
Still a little bit on fire

Before 4/5/19 Primate Korrin Hawke

Mike P BL8
Membership No:

Post by Mike P BL8 » 26 Sep 2018, 14:07

I understand that there may be difficulties with regards to new primacy, but surely someone should be making sure that the people of Ithron are kept informed.

I see no priests taking to this board stating that this is a time of turmoil and that everything is being done to ensure spiritual stability.

Surely the someone can do something about these concerns or are left to guesswork and rumour which implies that the faiths have closed their doors and wish to discuss this publically no further?
Silas Greenback

Dont talk, Act
Dont Say, Show
Dont Promise, Prove

Notanecta
Membership No: BC0170
Branch: Black Country
Main character profession/calling: High Father - Vleybor
Third Profession/Calling: Apprentice Mercenary

Post by Notanecta » 26 Sep 2018, 14:51

I am currently only the acting primate of Vleybor while we await a permanent appointment, however I can say that we as a church have dealt with Ex Primate Stephans treachery and learned from it. He is carrying out his punishment and we move onward.

As a demonstration of our commitment to the people of this holy land we are creating a new Holy Order of Vleybor - The Blessed. This Orders' main focus is to be where ever there are demons and Undead with blessed weapons ready to deal with the threat. A very visible demonstration of our commitment to the people of Ithron.

The Church of Vleybor will always continue to administer healing and offer it's support to those that need it across Ithron and beyond. Our doors are always open to those that require us, or even those that just want a cup of tea and a chat.

In faith
High Father Eldoran of Vleybor
The Royal Institute of Healing.
Netherthong
Mercia

Shepherd of the Mountains

--------------------------------
James Windridge
BC 0170

Mike P BL8
Membership No:

Post by Mike P BL8 » 26 Sep 2018, 14:55

My thanks to you Acting Primate Eldoran, this is indeed encouraging
Silas Greenback

Dont talk, Act
Dont Say, Show
Dont Promise, Prove

Jerimia Cotton
Membership No:
Main character profession/calling: Father Priest - Tralda

Post by Jerimia Cotton » 26 Sep 2018, 16:41

Theodore.
I understand what you mean however as of yet there is no information to give until The Defenders trial has been concluded. We are not hiding anything from the people. But yes there has been no grand statement from our priests, including myself on the subject. I'm sure Mordrid will make one when the time has come.

Acting Primate.
It gladens me to hear of this holy order and wait the day until I can stand beside the Blessed upon the field of battle.
Hugh
Traldan Priest
Halfling, Physician
Still a little bit on fire

Before 4/5/19 Primate Korrin Hawke

Reaver91
Membership No: HU0883
Main character profession/calling: High Guildsman Alchemist
Secondary character profession/calling: Apprentice Scout

Post by Reaver91 » 26 Sep 2018, 16:47

Theodore, to ensure the people of this land are kept safe from heretics, undead and demonic forces, I am taking up my own blade to quell them.

I hope that together, Ithron can become strong, once more.

Errant Tullien Solwynne
High Guildsman Alchemist
Finnian "Skittles" Skalitz

The Older Brother
Baronet Ash's Apprentice
Ex - Fisher of Bower Lake
Barman of the Tantalus Tavern.

(Kai Wortley - Hull)
Prior to 08/19 are old PCs

Mike P BL8
Membership No:

Post by Mike P BL8 » 26 Sep 2018, 17:11

High Father Hawke,

I always thought the job of the priesthood was to give spiritual help, guidance and support to their flock and the wider population but this has not been done.

The people whisper in the marketplace about the events which occured and yet i feel i am dragging answers out of the faithful rather than those individual stepping up to their responsibilities and actually saying anything.

It is not the fault of the people of Ithron a few individuals by choice or lack of action allowed these events to transpire.

It is not their fault that no one steps forward to assist them with guidance and support. Even if this was to say 'business as usual'

By inaction we are creating a schism between faith and law and playing straight into our enemies hands.

Is this not obvious?
Silas Greenback

Dont talk, Act
Dont Say, Show
Dont Promise, Prove