Primates, dual shrines and morality

Pinned to every local church noticeboard.
PR Longstor
Official PoP
Membership No:
Branch: No Branch Yet
Main character profession/calling: High Father - Longstor

Re: Primates, dual shrines and morality

Post by PR Longstor » 28 Sep 2018, 06:45

Assuming that primate you refer to is me Felix then I would say that my postings were indeed met with "confrontation, aggravation and provocation." But that is how I interpret my job.

We cause a lot of anguish to the people of Ithron, anger and betrayal that we did not anticipate, but if we hide away in our cloisters or castles until it blows over then what message does that send?

People were desperate for answers and explanations, so I bore the slings and arrows of grievous misfortune for the council alone. I do not expect thanks or gratitude for being the sole rock in the storm, but I do not expect my actions to be intimated to be folly, or without preparation.

In faith,
Primate T Green

Before 16/06/19 - Primate Fletcher

DOF Sidhe
Official PoP
Membership No:
Branch: No Branch Yet

Post by DOF Sidhe » 28 Sep 2018, 09:43

Primate, could you kindly explain ‘slings and arrows of grievous misfortune’?

From my understanding, you were convicted of a crime. In an extremely fortuitous turn of events, this sentence has been significantly reduced to that of ‘blasphemy’; something that was (again, from my understanding) only a local bylaw.

Some may consider any ‘grievous misfortune’ you encountered to be justly served upon a man of your standing. However, playing a martyr does feel unworthy of one who should be contrite and very humbled by just how much fortune they have encountered - regardless of slings or arrows.

In devotion and service,

Sir Sinjen.
Damon Sunspear
Defender of the Faith of Sidhe

(Before 22Jul19. Sir Sinjen, Grey Order)
(Before 24Aug18. Atlas, Elder of Rockholme)

Mike P BL8
Membership No:

Post by Mike P BL8 » 28 Sep 2018, 10:03

Primate Felix I address you with your correct name, could you please do me the courtesy of doing the same. Its just polite

Thank you Primates for your responses

Sir Sinjen thank you for your response.
Silas Greenback

Dont talk, Act
Dont Say, Show
Dont Promise, Prove

Harry the Chippie
Membership No:
Branch: Peterborough
Main character profession/calling: High Father - Longstor

Post by Harry the Chippie » 28 Sep 2018, 10:19

I've tried to avoid all this heresy stuff as I aint one for confrontation with folks what are my friends and peers. But I finds the lack of repermacussions for what was an act of heresy very disturbing. I've held my peace for too long, in part because I feel I share some of the guilt for this. I actually saw the heretical consecration taking place and didnt lift a finger, or a club, to stop it, cos I was told that "wiser heads than mine" in the Council of Light has said it was good. This felt wrong then and feels even more wrong now in the light of some of the self preening comments that are being made by folks what should be ashamed of what they did and yet have scrabbled, with an unseemly lack morals, to cling to their positions. I feel that Douglas is right in that the church organisation is only really in place to protect themselves, not to serve their God and their people. As I feel that someone should at least be seen to be held to account for their actions...or lack of, I am resigning from my position as Chaplain to the Arboris as I feel I no longer deserve the post, until such time as my gaffer Lord Longstor tells me I have earned my seat there again. Which like as not will ne'er happen. I also publicly disassociate myself from the church hierarchy as I feel it has become about a man rather than a God. I will, however, continue to pay my tithes to the church, as the money I contribute will go towards helping the large numbers of non adventuring priests who are the ones dealing with the people of Ithron on a daily basis. I apologise to my friends that read this and dont agree with my choices. I do this because I'm not comfortable with the thought that I failed to act when I could have done and I need to atone for that. I also do it to set an example, that will perhaps restore some semblance of faith in the church among the good folk of Ithron and perhaps lead others to look at themselves through the eyes of others outside their immediate circles.

I look forwards to hearing from Sir Sinjen and Father Militant Amras as soon as they read or hear of this post.
Billy Burrowright
Follower of Longstor

paul_austin
Membership No: MA0441
Branch: Maidenhead
Main character profession/calling: Master - Enchanter

Post by paul_austin » 28 Sep 2018, 11:44

Mr Burrowight people have been held accountable for their actions.
High Father (Formerly Primate) Stephen of Vleybor is a convicted and branded heretic and is doing many long years of community service.
This was ultimately his error, where faith and law conflicted, he saw it as his duty to try to reduce the fighting between Githasian and Light churches .

I think everything past there is so mired in hot headed opinion it means very little.
Sidney Blanchard
School of Enchantment

Post prior to
25/08/14 by Alexander Valentine

Steve
Membership No: PO0398
Branch: Portsmouth
Main character profession/calling: Master - Demonologist
Secondary character profession/calling: Master Scout (Ranger)

Post by Steve » 28 Sep 2018, 12:11

Harry the Chippie wrote:
28 Sep 2018, 10:19
I've tried to avoid all this heresy stuff as I aint one for confrontation with folks what are my friends and peers. But I finds the lack of repermacussions for what was an act of heresy very disturbing. I've held my peace for too long, in part because I feel I share some of the guilt for this. I actually saw the heretical consecration taking place and didnt lift a finger, or a club, to stop it, cos I was told that "wiser heads than mine" in the Council of Light has said it was good. This felt wrong then and feels even more wrong now in the light of some of the self preening comments that are being made by folks what should be ashamed of what they did and yet have scrabbled, with an unseemly lack morals, to cling to their positions. I feel that Douglas is right in that the church organisation is only really in place to protect themselves, not to serve their God and their people. As I feel that someone should at least be seen to be held to account for their actions...or lack of, I am resigning from my position as Chaplain to the Arboris as I feel I no longer deserve the post, until such time as my gaffer Lord Longstor tells me I have earned my seat there again. Which like as not will ne'er happen. I also publicly disassociate myself from the church hierarchy as I feel it has become about a man rather than a God. I will, however, continue to pay my tithes to the church, as the money I contribute will go towards helping the large numbers of non adventuring priests who are the ones dealing with the people of Ithron on a daily basis. I apologise to my friends that read this and dont agree with my choices. I do this because I'm not comfortable with the thought that I failed to act when I could have done and I need to atone for that. I also do it to set an example, that will perhaps restore some semblance of faith in the church among the good folk of Ithron and perhaps lead others to look at themselves through the eyes of others outside their immediate circles.

I look forwards to hearing from Sir Sinjen and Father Militant Amras as soon as they read or hear of this post.
High Father, its is Men & Women such as you that should be leading the Church of Longstor, you restore my faith that not all are too proud, I salute your actions in this matter. I hope your Undercouncil reads this missive and acts upon it very soon.
Kind Regards
William Scathlock
Master Demonologist.
William Scathlock,
Master Demonologist
Hero of Portsdean
Freeman of Portsdean
prior SF 2014 Ethan Morgan, prior SF 2011 HF Jack Chance

Elanor
Membership No:
Branch: Sheffield
Main character profession/calling: High Mother - Longstor
Secondary character profession/calling: Apprentice Mercenary

Post by Elanor » 28 Sep 2018, 13:29

Master Scathlock

Our Billy will never be allowed to lead the Church because he ain't a human and we're not allowed to do that sort of thing.

I might have read too much into your comment there though, so sorry if you already knew that!

Best wishes
Tiffin Goodbread
High Mother Tiffin Goodbread
Halfling follower of Longstor
Esca

Co-proprietor of Moorgate Honey

Be excellent to each other

Steve
Membership No: PO0398
Branch: Portsmouth
Main character profession/calling: Master - Demonologist
Secondary character profession/calling: Master Scout (Ranger)

Post by Steve » 28 Sep 2018, 13:50

Mother Tiffin, greetings, I was ignorant of High Father Burrowright's race but I feel his example looses no credibility because of it. I have to my knowledge never met Him but I like what he stands for, despite not being a religious Man myself I am aware of the Churches and their reputations, I feel your present Primate has done little to live up to this in recent weeks.
Had any of the council of light any stones once they'd learnt what HF Stephan had done, they'd have deconsecrated the dual shrine and denounced him,(HF Stephen) slotting the heretic of Githas would not have gone amiss, but not so I'm afraid.
In my opinion anyone that voted to morally support HF Stephan was guilty of the charge of Heresey, and should have been punished as the Kings Law dictates. For whatever reasons this charge was commuted to that of Blasphemy....... Primates should IMHO be paragons of virtue to their flock within the parameters of their Faith not politicians.
If my opinion carried any weight I would still council that the present Council of light stood down and new heads be put into position by the respective Under Councils, all the time they stay in post gives leeway to the Dark Six's Churches, especially Seraclan, to undermine and sew their evil seeds.

I'm not angry about this just disappointed in the current council of Light,

Rgds
William.
William Scathlock,
Master Demonologist
Hero of Portsdean
Freeman of Portsdean
prior SF 2014 Ethan Morgan, prior SF 2011 HF Jack Chance

lord dollery
Membership No: 0114
Branch: Tees Valley
Main character profession/calling: Master Mercenary (Captain)
Secondary character profession/calling: Kindred - Crowa

Post by lord dollery » 28 Sep 2018, 14:22

Steve wrote:
28 Sep 2018, 13:50
But William,

They said they're sorry and admitted to what they did...

After they got caught and were forced by the Arch-Duke to assist in the investigation...

So we should just forget this whole thing and just crack on with things...
Captain Brorgar the Bravest Dwarf in Ithron
Son of Brorgan
Of the great Clan Stonesplitter
Kindred of Crowa
Hammer of the Mercenaries
Siege Breaker
Shitter of kettles
Butter'er of bread
The Bourbon of the 3 Biscuit-teers

(OOC- Joseph Dollery TV0115)

Mike P BL8
Membership No:

Post by Mike P BL8 » 28 Sep 2018, 17:47

lord dollery wrote:
28 Sep 2018, 14:22
Steve wrote:
28 Sep 2018, 13:50
But William,

They said they're sorry and admitted to what they did...

After they got caught and were forced by the Arch-Duke to assist in the investigation...

So we should just forget this whole thing and just crack on with things...
Are you feeling well Brogar?
Silas Greenback

Dont talk, Act
Dont Say, Show
Dont Promise, Prove