Prayers of the Seven

Pinned to every local church noticeboard.
bequietbailey
Membership No: NE0954
Branch: Newcastle
Main character profession/calling: Errant of the Templar Order

Prayers of the Seven

Post by bequietbailey » 10 Oct 2018, 13:42

Hullo all!

Currently there's a lot of bad things going on, and I find that incredibly sad.
So I'm beginning a project! Well, I say begin, I've already started it...

I'm collecting people's favorite prayers to the Seven Light Gods, big or small! And I'm Putting them all in a big book, so that I can bring it with me wherever I go, to spread the word and light of the Seven, with help from people all over.

So If anyone has any prayers they'd like to add, please send me them!

May Rolbor Smile with you all,
Errant Atlas of the Templars
Bastard of Ferracuna
Temal'ara'bar
Went to the Konn that one time in 1020

ShaunL
Membership No: NW0470
Branch: Norwich
Main character profession/calling: High Father - Longstor

Re: Prayers of the Seven

Post by ShaunL » 12 Oct 2018, 21:14

Miss Nova taught Lowlife dis wun:

This is the law of the forest, as old and as true as the sky,
And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it may die.

As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk, the law runneth forward and back;
For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

Wash daily from nose tip to tail tip; drink deeply, but never too deep;
And remember the night is for hunting and forget not the day is for sleep.

The jackal may follow the tiger, but, cub, when thy whiskers are grown,
Remember the wolf is a hunter—go forth and get food of thy own.

Keep peace with the lords of the forest, the eagle, the wolf, the bear;
And trouble not the stag in his herd, and mock not the boar in his lair.

When pack meets with pack in the forest, and neither will go from the trail,
Lie down till the leaders have spoken; it may be fair words shall prevail.

When ye fight with a wolf of the pack ye must fight him alone and away,
Lest others take part in the quarrel and the pack is diminished by fray.

Lowlife rite dis one and Miss Astra re-rite it in gud words

Longstor is the scent of prey on the wind, and the taste of warm blood in the mouth.

Longstor is also the ears that prick, detecting the hunter, and the strength in the legs that run tirelessly from danger. He is the seed that grows into the towering tree. He is the worm that eats the fallen leaf. He is every part of nature, big or small, deadly or beautiful, benevolent or hostile. He gives no gifts, but provides prizes to those with the strength and skill to win them. He cares not if we live or die, only that we serve the cycle of life and death.

To follow Longstor is to join a mighty pack. It is to choose to serve the cycle with your life, and not interfere with the turning of the wheel. The follower of Longstor should take from the forest with care, not greed, and strive to prevent others from taking more than they need. To do otherwise is to disrespect the forest, and thus to disrespect Longstor.

When a pack member calls for aid, you must answer, for the lone wolf who does not aid his pack is cast out to walk alone forever. Show due respect to all of longstors brothers and sisters, for the gods are a mighty pack who will not tolerate disrespect.

If you wish to devote yourself to Longstor, then remember that the cycle is not good or bad, the wheel simply turns. Thus, you should show no rage or sadness over the simple fact of death, nor joy over the death of an enemy. Observe every sermon, holy place and holy day, for this is how you show your devotion and lead others into the church, by example.

Should you wish to serve Longstor with all of your being, you must never attempt to cheat Longstor's brother Karach from his due. Nor should you assist others to do so. To bring back the dead is to break faith with the cycle, and thus to break faith with Longstor.

Never forget that every living thing has a place in the cycle. As long as respect is shown and no wanton destruction follows, a farmer clearing land for crops is as natural as the deer nibbling fresh shoots, or the wolf taking the weakest deer.

The forest will outlive the farmer, deer and wolf all. The cycle goes on forever.
High Father Lowlife Half-Orc
Posts Prior to 15/7/17 Sir Corbin Du Bec, Feudal Knight
Posts Prior to 1/2/17 Doctor Uriah Lubricious Creep
Posts Prior to 17/8/14 - Guild Protector Godric Godricson