What is to be expected?

Pinned to every local church noticeboard.
Xenni
Membership No: SH0834
Branch: Sheffield
Main character profession/calling: Mother Militant - Kharach
Secondary character profession/calling: Apprentice Scout

What is to be expected?

Post by Xenni » 28 May 2019, 20:55

This weekend past I appear to have overstepped my boundaries somewhat and now find myself questioning my position and what is expected of me on the hiring.

As a Mother Militant, I was belittled and ignored for attempting to issue commands and information - by a Crowan Brother.

As a guardian, actions were taken which left me with my guard down at unfortunate times, times I had carefully worked out I would be safe to recompose and reassess.

As a Kharachian, I was undermined in the course of my duties by the party pushing forward instead of waiting for me to send a single human soul to its final rest; when previously the party had waited for the combined souls to be sent off, the souls were of the same race.

As a scholar, I had attempted to inquire what it was we had located on our mission a number of times, only to be ignored. Later when it was asked if anyone knew what to do with the box contents, I confess I lost my temper and lashed out, and I still was told nothing until a Lady I have spent my entire adventuring life realised I should probably know. At this point, however, I did not care. I had learned my place and adopted the role required at the time, a faceless shield bearer.

As a person, I am overridden, ignored and devalued.

Which brings me to the point of this notice.

Just what exactly is expected of me at a hiring? Is my training within my church of such little relevance that I am a simple pawn with a mace? Another weapon to be swung without care? Are my passions and thirsts just a hindrance to a group?

I am lost. What is expected of a Mother Militant if not to be aware and to bellow over the sounds of battle. What is expected of a Kharachian that apparently is rushed in sending a soul onwards when there is no threat present?
In faith and Devotion, signed by The Mother Militant - Anna Bower.
The Guardian of the Guardians
The Implacable - Named Hero of Derwentshire
Defender of the Faith

Avatar photo credit to Zanfus Smallguy

Lauraanne
Membership No: LD0942
Branch: Leeds
Main character profession/calling: Apprentice Blacksmith

Re: What is to be expected?

Post by Lauraanne » 28 May 2019, 21:09

TO Miss Anna Bower,
I am not sure as to who would be so rude and so ignorant as to ignore you, tred on you and leaving you feeling this way but I am sure there is a second side to the story. If you would like to message your friendly neighbourhood pink guard I will gladly respond.

In regards as to what is to be expected at a hiring, I shall state this is from a legal expectation in regards to 'scrub checks' and carryig required reinforement of who you are... i.e permits and also what i believe would be required from my point of view.

Having adventured around you and heard tales of you in the local areas of humberton and esca since i began adventuring you are someone who can hold a frontline and defend the party (much to your zealous wrecklessness). You are good at what you do, I waited beside you whilst we waited for a bandit to breathe his last so that his soul and the souls of others may reach kharak in one piece. You position, your passions and your job is valued. You as a kharakian devotee have the responsibility to ensure the souls of the fallen reach a safe haven in the halls. This is a noble job that should not be over looked.

On a party i would expect you to carry wepaons, shield, wear armour (if you can - which i know you can), have a permit, bandages enough to heal each limb twice and some alchemy. Although your sins, strictures and duty prevent you from carrying certain alchemies you can alwayas carry something of use, however you yourself are useful.

Fighting demons beside you on one of my first hirings, your bravery is what helped stop me losing my life and instead i only lost an arm. You fought well and you fought hard, every mission to which I have seen you on , you are brave and the first to ensure that a line is made and tactics are held. You are a fierce fighter and a respected follower of Kharack, do not let people underestimate you, your role or your ability.

Miss Bower, you should be proud of what you have achieved and if I would like a report of the weekend if you have one, I would like to know more into this, I view you as a friend and it is amogst my many many many personal goals to ensure that you feel validated and important.

HECK! If me the little pink guard, pain in the guards captains neck can make a difference to the party then you definately do - you serve so much more purpose than wee old me and I am proud to fight amonst side you even if i do mess up.

I look forward to more of our encounters in the future
kindest regards
Eleanor *Scrippled on smiley face that is supposed to look like anna and Ellie*
*signed
Beatrice Fletcher
Apprentice Blacksmith
Apprentice Scout

Previous character: Cora Newtan (Posts made before 08/10/2019)

Reaver91
Membership No: HU0883
Branch: Hull
Main character profession/calling: Journeyman Alchemist

Post by Reaver91 » 28 May 2019, 21:10

Mother Militant Bower,

I have seen you in combat. You are a good commander, you told us to form up, and we did our best.

To not allow you to do the work of your Lord is just abhorrent. All Kharachians with the power should be allowed to send on the souls of the dead /WITHOUT/ interference.

You are a stalwart Guardian.
Do not allow others to make you feel like nothing.

Yours,

Tavien Bowerstone
Finnian P Skalitz
Mr Fish to the Halflings.
Apprentice of
Baronet Ash Stocktown.
Ex - Fisherman
Trap Finder

(Kai Wortley - Hull)
Prior to 6/09 are old PCs

Palthera
Membership No: BR0126
Branch: Bristol

Post by Palthera » 28 May 2019, 21:12

Your job is what it is. Unfortunately there is no way to make people listen to you aside from force of personality.

That does not mean you should not be listened to, just that other people are inconsiderate.
Dzulija
Guildsman Alchemist
1/6th worthy to be Empress of Axir

Posts before 02-06-19: Lady Eleanor Silures of the Griffin Order
Posts before 27-08-16: Sister Nemo of Crowa

OOC: Cara Bull, Bristol LO

lord dollery
Membership No:
Branch: Tees Valley
Main character profession/calling: Master Mercenary (Captain)
Secondary character profession/calling: Kindred - Crowa

Post by lord dollery » 29 May 2019, 09:02

Mother Militant,

I thought we had moved past this and this situation was resolved, clearly it wasn't.
As a Mother Militant, I was belittled and ignored for attempting to issue commands and information - by a Crowan Brother.
We spoke regarding this, all three of us did and you thanked me at the end of it, if you felt it's still unresolved then you should of told me, and if you still feel its an issue you can make the Defender of the Faith of Crowa aware of your issue with one or both of his Church.
As a Kharachian, I was undermined in the course of my duties by the party pushing forward instead of waiting for me to send a single human soul to its final rest; when previously the party had waited for the combined souls to be sent off, the souls were of the same race.
Again this was explained, it was also explained in the clearest detail that the race of this person had absolutely no bearing on my unwillingness to wait for him to piss his blood into the earth whilst people were still in danger. The soul was as far as I am aware not in danger and we could of went back to send him on, if we waited and those people died or worse, that's on me.

If I have a choice between waiting and wasting precious time to save people whilst waiting for some shitheel bandit, human or not to bleed to death with absolutely no apparent danger to the body or soul or saving innocent lives, i'll choose life every single time.
As a scholar, I had attempted to inquire what it was we had located on our mission a number of times, only to be ignored. Later when it was asked if anyone knew what to do with the box contents, I confess I lost my temper and lashed out, and I still was told nothing until a Lady I have spent my entire adventuring life realised I should probably know. At this point, however, I did not care. I had learned my place and adopted the role required at the time, a faceless shield bearer.
As soon as we returned to the encampment we opened the box and found its contents, no one could tell what it was, just come lumps of rock and they were handed into the Earl for safe keeping.
As a person, I am overridden, ignored and devalued.
Your thoughts and feelings are valid Mother Militant I just fail to see where this happened. We fought bandits, we got ambushed which we couldn't stop, I was unwilling to wait for a man to bleed to death whilst others were in danger, we fought more bandits and retrieved a box, we got back and opened the box and handed the stuff to the Earl.
Just what exactly is expected of me at a hiring? Is my training within my church of such little relevance that I am a simple pawn with a mace? Another weapon to be swung without care? Are my passions and thirsts just a hindrance to a group?

I am lost. What is expected of a Mother Militant if not to be aware and to bellow over the sounds of battle. What is expected of a Kharachian that apparently is rushed in sending a soul onwards when there is no threat present?
You ask a question that no one other than yourself or Kharach can answer, I don't know, I don't think perhaps anyone knows. We each do our own duty and sometimes in the heat of battle and when the cards are draw some of our duties clash and grind with another. Like a grinding wheel sometimes we all screech and spark against anothers duties.
Captain Brorgar the Bravest Dwarf in Ithron
Son of Brorgan
Of the great Clan Stonesplitter
Kindred of Crowa
Seige Breaker
Streaker of kettles
Butter'er of bread
The Bourbon of the 3 Biscuit-teers

(OOC- Joseph "5 for 5" Dollery TV0115)

Xenni

Post by Xenni » 29 May 2019, 09:58

The issue I had with you was resolved, Brorgar. As it largely was with your fellows. It is why I have not contacted either Defender. It is still a massive blow to my confidence to have a Crowan call me out for doing my job.

However, it is still a detail in part of a larger picture where I am lost and unsure what is expected of me.

The soul was not in direct danger but we had some awareness of demons in the area and to me, there was no option. The soul was in indirect danger. We were 4 hours behind our quarry. Your choice is yours in matters of life and death, but as I said to your brother in Faith, there is only life and death to me. No middle ground, and I am patient. Nobody can escape my Lord and all those who wrong others will find themselves caught, cornered or destroyed.
You were not the one who took point to lead us away from that soul. I understand you don't care for race, but others made no such clarification.

Something in that box was glowing Brorgar. I said it THREE times. I inquired, THREE times. The only time I see anything glow is when the gods have imbued it with power. I was told nothing. I did not even know where those items ended up. I assume I now have one of them in my possession. I don't know.

I know my duties and my place within my church.
I know my duties to my merciful Lord.
I know my duties and my place to my guild.
I know my duties and my place to my King, and long may he reign.

I believed I knew my duties and my place with adventurers. The weekend has taught me I was wrong. Meditation, prayer and introspection leaves me without answers but simply more questions. You have been one of the few people who get my title correct consistently and all I said to you I meant, Brorgar.
Defender of the Faith

Xenni

Post by Xenni » 29 May 2019, 10:05

I will add, it was not only our chasing of the ambassadors that have led to this.

I did not even know we had obtained the Stones of Faith and reconscrated it. I did not know we had found anything of any value. I only found out, when the Earl and Lady Judith made their announcements.
Defender of the Faith

graham t
Membership No: TV0225
Branch: Tees Valley
Main character profession/calling: Kindred - Longstor
Secondary character profession/calling: Master Blacksmith
Third Profession/Calling: Apprentice Scout

Post by graham t » 29 May 2019, 10:33

Mother Militant,

You've asked a question in an open forum, so I assume you are wanting answers from anyone who can read this?

If that's the case, then as an outsider looking in and reading your words, it sounds like petulance and general ire that the party were not acting as you would prefer.

But you are a Mother Militant, a soldier of Kharach of the very highest standing! It does not befit one of the Holy warriors of Ithron to act so.

I think Lady Eleanor has the right of it in that force of personality goes a long way. Adventurers are a larger than life lot, and whilst respect should be forthcoming, it isn't perhaps as rigidly enforced as elsewhere. Also in my experience, a great way to stop anyone from engaging with you is to demand engagement.

You'll catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Douglas Beck
Longstorian, Dad, Forgemaster.
Owner of The Forge at the Ford, Prudha's Ridge.

Graham T (TV0225)

Bunch of savages in this town.

GP Blacksmith
Official PoP
Membership No:
Branch: Guildford
Main character profession/calling: Master Blacksmith
Third Profession/Calling: Kindred - Longstor

Post by GP Blacksmith » 29 May 2019, 10:52

Mother Militant

I believe we have only met briefly...but I have heard of you endeavours.
What should you do? Well do what you keep doing...if no one wishes to listen to an experienced adventurer that is their problem. just reasure them that you will lay them to rest when the time comes and they haven't heeded your experienced and wise words.

may Karach bless you
Guild Protector Blacksmith
Landro Firefont

GM Mercenaries
Official PoP
Membership No: HU0879
Branch: Hull

Post by GM Mercenaries » 29 May 2019, 12:02

I've sent a message to your roost regarding this
General Kaelin Ring
Commander of The Grey WolvesFort Holme, Grimsberg