What is to be expected?

Pinned to every local church noticeboard.
Xenni
Membership No: SH0834
Branch: Sheffield
Main character profession/calling: Mother Militant - Kharach
Secondary character profession/calling: Apprentice Scout

Re: What is to be expected?

Post by Xenni » 29 May 2019, 13:17

Forgemaster, I am indeed seeking answers from those who would offer them. My view is clouded and others may have clearer vision. I can deal with adventurers who act as they want, I leave them to it. It has happened before and no doubt will again. Thank you for your input.

Thank you all for your input.
In faith and Devotion, signed by The Mother Militant - Anna Bower.
The Guardian of the Guardians
The Implacable - Named Hero of Derwentshire
Defender of the Faith

Avatar photo credit to Zanfus Smallguy

Dago
Membership No: 909
Branch: St Helens
Main character profession/calling: Junior Guildsman Mage
Secondary character profession/calling: Kindred - Tralda

Post by Dago » 29 May 2019, 13:39

Anna, you mentioned a Crowan Brother, There were two of us on said mission and you yourself admitted your annoyance at myself, I did inform yourself If I had indeed annoyed you to speak to me to see if we can rectify such a grievance, If you would indeed still like to talk to me Feel free to send a message to my Roost.

My beliefs are that the churches and guilds of ithron are to work together and I would very much like to sort this out if it was indeed myself that belittled you if that's what you think I did.

In Faith.
Bruce Foresight
Junior Guildsman Mage
Apprentice To Master Aemon Tur
Kindred of Tralda
Here by accident

DangerNoodle
Membership No: GL0981
Branch: Glasgow
Main character profession/calling: High Mother - Crowa
Secondary character profession/calling: Journeyman Physician

Post by DangerNoodle » 29 May 2019, 14:25

Mother Militant,

May I send you a missive about this?

In faith and service,
Mother Carlin Ó Tíghearneigh,
Chaplain of the Griffin Order.
High Mother Carlin Apolinar Ó Tíghearneigh
Primate of Crowa
1/4 of the Sisterhood of Sanctuary; the Lion
J.M. Phys.

🍀 Cabhraíonn fhortún an cróga 🍀

It ain't the size of the dog in the fight that matters; it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Xenni

Post by Xenni » 29 May 2019, 16:26

Dago, I respect you enough to raise any issues with you directly, you are not the one I mention.
We don't see each other enough but our zeal and values align well. You are as faithful to Crowa and the Seven as I am to Kharach and the Seven and will always do what is best at the time. Looking back, I cannot fault you or the action you took, as much as it irked me at the time.

Mother Carlin, my roost is, has it has always been, open to all for whatever reason they require.

I wish to say for all this is the proverbial straw that broke the camels back - and it was a big one. It has happened for too long that I, as an adventurer, as a person with morals and as a person wishing the best for our country is treated as nothing more than another weapon.
Defender of the Faith

Sir Rex Manning
Membership No: 0983
Branch: Leeds
Main character profession/calling: Father Priest - Longstor

Post by Sir Rex Manning » 29 May 2019, 18:22

Mother Militant

Your rants are rather confusing. You had a problem with a crowan but both crowans who have said they were there are not the one you had a problem with.

You call yourself Militant Mother but complain that people see you as a weapon.

You have only given your emotional side of the story which is lacking in detail, which is not particularly scholarly.

It seems to me then rather looking for advice you are looking for sympathy.

That in itself is fine. Everyone needs a shoulder now and again. I would ask you though to please be honest about it.

That said, if I have got things wrong, or even if I haven't, rather than asking all of Ithron "What is to be expected?" Try asking "What should I expect of myself?"

Sidhe gave us free will so be who you want to be, not what people expect you to be.

Barnabas "Dickhead" Dark
Barnabas Dark

Priest of Longstor
Proper Bastard
The Pusher
Wood Rush Mine Owner
One Third of Dark, Sinister and Solomon Mines
Light See'r

Xenni

Post by Xenni » 29 May 2019, 19:00

There was another Crowan.

The church calls me Mother Militant, as that is the rank I have attained in my faith and training. A title most don't seem to respect. Admittedly, there are very few (if any remaining) adventurers who will hold this title for as long as I have.

I give an emotional tale because frankly right now I am emotional. I am not automata, I am not unfeeling. The lack of information is deliberate and was done to point out a small fraction of what has over time driven me into madness.

I ask for knowledge. For the knowledge I have, seems to be wrong.

What I expect of myself, is the ability to stand tall, shield raised, able to shout information that allows my fellows to organise themselves and assign their priorities. I expect that I am able to perform the duties my Lord expects of me. I expect that I am able to guard and protect those who need it, by arming myself physically with weapons and armour - and mentally with knowledge of the information of my surroundings, my enemies, and what my fellows expect of me. I comply with the Dukes Decree to the best of my ability given my oaths.

I hold myself to an incredibly high bar. I do this with my free will. I do this with meditation, discipline, faith and knowledge.
I had an outburst over the weeks end as my frustrations and emotions got the better of me, something I have trained myself not to do because of what I believe others expect of me, because of my expectations of myself in battle. I have redoubled my training disciplines and meditation to prevent another outburst.

The message is clear, regardless.
Defender of the Faith

Liza_Elizal
Membership No: LD0844
Branch: Leeds
Main character profession/calling: Feudal Knight
Secondary character profession/calling: Noble

Post by Liza_Elizal » 29 May 2019, 19:35

Anna (I assume it's thee, tha's not signed thy name, but I remember thee saying these things)

I'm new to this thing, I was only in the camp so didn't see the things that happened that tha's speaking of.
But in my opinion, for all it's worth, tha's should be allowed to air thy grievances, to let people know there's a problem.

Tha's said thy head is clouded with emotion, so tha's needs some...guidance? Type of guidance that the gods can't really help, cos it's a mortal matter. Nowt wrong with being emotional and letting the steam out, don't let people shame thee for it! Tha's might hold this high title, but tha's still a person. To those who are saying tha's should be above putting this kinda thing up, fuck off, why should she be? I say again, she's mortal. Sidhe grants us free will, therefore we can bitch and moan if we need to, especially when we're feelin' everything we do is apparently wrong.

I say again, I only know one side really, so maybe am slightly bias towards Anna, but does that mean that that emotional ranting is to be dismissed? If something has caused that response, surely it should at least be discussed. Is there something wrong with trying to talk bout things?

Meg

Steve
Membership No: PO0398
Branch: Portsmouth
Main character profession/calling: Master - Demonologist
Secondary character profession/calling: Master Scout (Ranger)

Post by Steve » 31 May 2019, 11:52

Here's my advice;
seek guidance from those you respect both within your Church and the close circle of people you adventure with.
If you want an impartial opinion feel free to send me a pigeon, the advise I offer is based solely on my own life experiences - I have always been an observer of Religion not a practitioner.
lastly take a step back and re-evaluate.
Rgds
William.
William Scathlock,
Master Demonologist
Hero of Portsdean
Freeman of Portsdean
prior SF 2014 Ethan Morgan, prior SF 2011 HF Jack Chance