Dealing with outlawed followers of the dark six

Pinned to every local church noticeboard.
Phil R
Membership No:
Branch: St Helens
Main character profession/calling: Feudal Knight
Secondary character profession/calling: Noble

Dealing with outlawed followers of the dark six

Post by Phil R » 16 Jul 2019, 18:24

Notices within other forums has led me to place this here to clarify a few points about the treatment of outlawed followers of the dark six.

I am under the belief that anyone who is a member of one of the churches of the dark six is guilty of the crime of heresy and as such is outlawed, as all heretics are declared outlaws under the law. So anyone fool enough to wear the holy symbol of the dark six and give praise to them in my presence will be treated as such, as heretics and outlaws who defy the law of the land. If I am in error then p!ease tell me.

What incentive or reason can be given to these heretics to make them valuable members of society? If they are arrested and found guilty of heresy and branded are they then protected by the law, despite still being worshippers of the dark six?

If they are then excommunicated from their God due to lack of worship or some other act then are they protected by the law and seen as better than a hetetic? Despite being branded a heretic and as an excomminicant?

Is there a path to stop worshipping a dark God without being excommunicated?

Sir Darkmantle
From the desk of Sir Hedgeborn Darkmantle,
Cavalryman, raconteur, knight of the realm in the Order of the Boar and Vassal of Earl Pilkingtion, Sintel.

"For Crown and Country"

jordandavies940
Membership No: CA0768
Branch: Cardiff
Main character profession/calling: High Father - Rolbor
Secondary character profession/calling: Apprentice Scout

Re: Dealing with outlawed followers of the dark six

Post by jordandavies940 » 16 Jul 2019, 20:20

Sir Darkmantle,

It wasn't my intent to confuse. The law documents definition is:
Any individual who refuses to accept the authority of the courts of Ithron may be declared outlaw. The Chief Justice, Judge of Magistrate may declare a person or group of people outlawed. An arresting legal officer may declare someone an outlaw if they resist an arrest: as the person does not recognise the law, the law does not recognise the person. An outlaw has no rights under the law and, in the event that a crime is committed against them (i.e. their goods are stolen or their life taken), they have no redress against the aggressor under the law.
An outlaw who subsequently hands himself over to the law for trial/punishment may have the decree of outlawry revoked by The Chief Justice, Judge or Magistrate. Any crimes that the outlaw commits whilst they are an outlaw shall be judged under the law.
Admittance to being a heretic means that person is considered:
An outlaw who has no rights under the law and, in the event that a crime is committed against them (i.e. their goods are stolen or their life taken)
part of the document.

However the law documents recommendation of punishment isn't outright execution. Therefore the system allows for a second chance and also gives the accused a chance to;
revoke the decree of outlawry by The Chief Justice, Judge or Magistrate

should they hand themselves in. They even have a chance to appeal the decision if they hand themselves in.

To revoke the dark six would lead to excommunication but that does not mean the gods are turned away from them forever it's a difficult path but one if shown serious devotion can climb back to the Sevens graces and gain absolution.

Also being excommunicated doesn't mean you are Outlawed though people of religion might have negative views, but their conscience would be clear.

Hope this has cleared this for you

Respectfully

Gwynfryn Sailbearer
Many thanks

Gwynfryn Sailbearer
Defender of the Faith of Rolbor
Wielder of Malicebane,
Grudgebringer & Dragonslayer
Founding member of Garthan Meddal,
Freedwarf of Brisel
Branded by the Boar as Banterslayer

Jamie Mac
Membership No:
Branch: Bristol
Main character profession/calling: High Father - Crowa
Secondary character profession/calling: Apprentice Physician

Post by Jamie Mac » 16 Jul 2019, 21:24

I will continue to make Crowa's teachings clear against those of the Six' followers that I encounter.
High Father Harry Campion of Crowa
First Sword
House Charlecote

Posts before 14/04/18: Accolon, Templar Order, Knight Marshal, The Seneschal

Kahlenda
Membership No: Sh1018
Branch: Sheffield
Main character profession/calling: Guild Senior Physician
Secondary character profession/calling: Apprentice Mercenary

Post by Kahlenda » 16 Jul 2019, 21:58

So in other words? See heretic, shank heretic, send soul to karach?

Cool i can get behind that
In character
Gideon Lars
Guild senior Physician
Apprentice Mercenary

Out of character
(Andrew Ettles, Sheffield SH1018)
"Sweet lets kill s***"
Photo Credit Bailey Erikson

Phil R
Membership No:
Branch: St Helens
Main character profession/calling: Feudal Knight
Secondary character profession/calling: Noble

Post by Phil R » 16 Jul 2019, 22:28

So the offer I can practically give them other than putting them to the sword is for them to escape the life of an outlaw and to return to society. Yes they would have to answer for their crimes and be branded and lashed. Then and only then could then begin the path of redemption, however they would always bear the brand of heresy and hopefully as an excommunicant as that would mean they would have broken free of the dark gods hold.

As my militia would say "that's a tough sell", but I thank you for your clarifications.

Sir Darkmantle
From the desk of Sir Hedgeborn Darkmantle,
Cavalryman, raconteur, knight of the realm in the Order of the Boar and Vassal of Earl Pilkingtion, Sintel.

"For Crown and Country"

Rlockeart
Membership No:
Branch: Peterborough
Main character profession/calling: Errant of the Grey Order
Secondary character profession/calling: Kindred - Sidhe
Third Profession/Calling: Noble

Post by Rlockeart » 19 Jul 2019, 20:25

I have mused in the past that it might be worthwhile rounding them all up and sending them to the konn. (no easy trick.)
The six hate demons and undead as much as the seven do after all.
Alastair 'Alice' Andurill Elethan Ashbourne

Leader of the 5th Collateral Damadge
Tralden and crowan kindred.

(OOC note. The physrep is horribly dyslexic. The charecter isn't. Please excuse the mistakes I miss)