Thanks, Leeds Fest!

Steve M
Membership No:
Branch: Leeds
Main character profession/calling: Master Alchemist (Master Distiller)
Secondary character profession/calling: Noble

Re: Thanks, Leeds Fest!

Post by Steve M » 29 May 2018, 14:02

A big thank you to everyone that attended. I haven't seen a player party quite as willing to get stuck in and cooperate (!) In quite some time.

For those of you mentioning the side missions, it's worth mentioning that they were 100% improvised by the monsters, based on a very, very slender brief from me, so a huge thank you to the crew for running with that brief and having some great ideas. Bonus marks for the love poetry, which I sadly missed.

Depending on how you choose to interpret these things the players either a) fully embraced their mission to liberate the souls of Old Kirk Leigh and ensured no soul was unnoticed or b) understood fully how "20/- plus a percentage of what you find" works and looted the ever-loving $@%& out of the joint. Same effect either way, kept us all busy.

A huge thank you to the unparalleled Dr. Wainwright who some of you may not realise hasn't actually been able to play F&H for some time, but chose to spend a rare free weekend feeding folk instead of playing.

A few people asked me what the "other" mission was before the fest but for obvious reasons I kept quiet. Due to having a non-combatant player, we got the players to destroy a huge incorporeal demonic thing by use of a long complex ritual. One of them got possessed by the thing, and they then had a time limit to carry out a cleansing and 7 flange rituals, all finishing simultaneously. They also had to decode the instructions with a cypher (in Rhonish) and gather all the instructions and props from the various missions and a daily trap box. Had the ritual failed in any one of 17 possible ways (I counted) then the possessed person would have spelled the other 8 ritualists to death before walking off in its shiny new human body. They made it with 2 and a half minutes left on the clock.

See you all next year hopefully.
Baronet Edgar Sommerholt-Wisty of Badger's Brook

Cook, brewer and alchemist
Parties catered on request, ask Sir Richard Charlecote for a reference

"Volunteer"

Anna
Membership No: TV0109
Branch: Tees Valley
Main character profession/calling: Special

Post by Anna » 30 May 2018, 00:41

Steve M wrote:
29 May 2018, 14:02
A big thank you to everyone that attended. I haven't seen a player party quite as willing to get stuck in and cooperate (!) In quite some time.

For those of you mentioning the side missions, it's worth mentioning that they were 100% improvised by the monsters, based on a very, very slender brief from me, so a huge thank you to the crew for running with that brief and having some great ideas. Bonus marks for the love poetry, which I sadly missed.

Depending on how you choose to interpret these things the players either a) fully embraced their mission to liberate the souls of Old Kirk Leigh and ensured no soul was unnoticed or b) understood fully how "20/- plus a percentage of what you find" works and looted the ever-loving $@%& out of the joint. Same effect either way, kept us all busy.

A huge thank you to the unparalleled Dr. Wainwright who some of you may not realise hasn't actually been able to play F&H for some time, but chose to spend a rare free weekend feeding folk instead of playing.

A few people asked me what the "other" mission was before the fest but for obvious reasons I kept quiet. Due to having a non-combatant player, we got the players to destroy a huge incorporeal demonic thing by use of a long complex ritual. One of them got possessed by the thing, and they then had a time limit to carry out a cleansing and 7 flange rituals, all finishing simultaneously. They also had to decode the instructions with a cypher (in Rhonish) and gather all the instructions and props from the various missions and a daily trap box. Had the ritual failed in any one of 17 possible ways (I counted) then the possessed person would have spelled the other 8 ritualists to death before walking off in its shiny new human body. They made it with 2 and a half minutes left on the clock.

See you all next year hopefully.
Yeah the world was saved by codes and geometry.

It is only the second time in every larp that I have done has geometry saved the world.

Do not underestimate the power of the triangle!
Master Erulissë Saerwen, Kalanna and Sorcerer
Wife to Valendil Finwëmathulastha Sirfalas A'Vash Ne
Also known as Lissa to humans
Anna Atkinson-Dunn TV Ref TV0109

Xenni
Membership No: SH0834
Branch: Sheffield
Main character profession/calling: Mother Militant - Kharach
Secondary character profession/calling: Apprentice Scout

Post by Xenni » 30 May 2018, 09:35

I really, really enjoyed it even if I didn't get that stuck into anything major, I was where I needed to be and just had the few religious bits to worry about.

I was sorely tempted to just walk into the demon cloud when it was in front of me as from my character's perspective, people were just moving away from her and saying things about her. Actually threw a mini-strop at one point. :D

You know that I'll be around and willing for the next one ^_^
In faith and Devotion, signed by The Mother Militant - Anna Bower.
The Guardian of the Guardians
The Implacable - Named Hero of Derwentshire
Defender of the Faith

Avatar photo credit to Zanfus Smallguy

Steve M
Membership No:
Branch: Leeds
Main character profession/calling: Master Alchemist (Master Distiller)
Secondary character profession/calling: Noble

Post by Steve M » 30 May 2018, 14:35

Peace through superior geometry...

I approve.
Baronet Edgar Sommerholt-Wisty of Badger's Brook

Cook, brewer and alchemist
Parties catered on request, ask Sir Richard Charlecote for a reference

"Volunteer"