Questions for CC Candidates

Secretary
Membership No:

Questions for CC Candidates

Post by Secretary » 01 Jul 2018, 02:05

Please use this thread to ask the candidates for the position of Campaign Co-ordinator any questions you have.
Josephine Warne
Secretary.fnh@gmail.com

Penny
Membership No:
Branch: Guildford
Main character profession/calling: Apprentice Mage

Re: Questions for CC Candidates

Post by Penny » 01 Jul 2018, 20:20

Question mainly for Charlie and Steve: You both have plot ideas which would have a significant impact on the game world. How do you know they would get past the rules committee? What is your backup plan if a crucial element of your plot does not?
Faith of Whitehaven

Posts before Summerfest 2019: Arianna Silverton

Steve M
Membership No:
Branch: Leeds
Main character profession/calling: Master Alchemist (Master Distiller)
Secondary character profession/calling: Noble

Post by Steve M » 01 Jul 2018, 21:51

I don't have the faintest idea if they'll pass the Axir thing or not. The status quo can be restored by having the Empire solve <redacted> by itself and put everything back as I found it.

Bit of a letdown as endings go, but I would like to think the Exec might get behind something a lot of people have said they would like to explore.
Baronet Edgar Sommerholt-Wisty of Badger's Brook

Cook, brewer and alchemist
Parties catered on request, ask Sir Richard Charlecote for a reference

"Volunteer"

Alina
Membership No:
Branch: Black Country
Main character profession/calling: Special
Secondary character profession/calling: Kindred - Tralda

Post by Alina » 01 Jul 2018, 23:39

I am fairly sure what I have planned will get through the rules comitee, it's all about changing and shaping the current world not introducing new sweepingly radical ideas. I have certainly seen CCs introduce far more radical plotlines.

If for some reason it does fail I have some back ups in place. Most of the changes wouldn't actually kick in until about half way through so I would have plenty of time to speak to the rules comitee, work something out with them and make any changes I need to make.

Charlie
Ashley Pugh
Baronet of Newford

ShaunL
Membership No: NW0470
Branch: Norwich
Main character profession/calling: High Father - Longstor

Post by ShaunL » 02 Jul 2018, 06:35

Does your plot still work without Deus Ex machina if the players totally screw up, especially at Summerfest, and the "bad guys" win?
High Father Lowlife Half-Orc
Posts Prior to 15/7/17 Sir Corbin Du Bec, Feudal Knight
Posts Prior to 1/2/17 Doctor Uriah Lubricious Creep
Posts Prior to 17/8/14 - Guild Protector Godric Godricson

Steve M
Membership No:

Post by Steve M » 02 Jul 2018, 11:30

As planned, yes.
If the Exec won't pass the relevant changes to the game world, probably not unless I think of something.

If the Exec won't pass the changes though, the Axirian plotline can be very easily ended in favour of something else.

"Volunteer"

Alina
Membership No:

Post by Alina » 02 Jul 2018, 16:53

Yes, as I have said in my manifesto my plot is world changing not world ending. So whilst failure would result in negative consequences they would be no more extreme than the positive consequences and they wouldn't be changing any rules so wouldn't need to go through the exec.
Ashley Pugh
Baronet of Newford

evilgary
Membership No:
Branch: Derby
Main character profession/calling: Father Devotee - Crowa
Secondary character profession/calling: Special

Post by evilgary » 07 Jul 2018, 14:32

While somehow avoiding spoilers, can you give an idea how your plot would differ from previous national plots? How different would your antagonists be, and how much would that difference address the (inevitable) perception of specific schools, churches or guilds "hoarding" plot.

(Damn that was hard to write in a way that didn't sound critical of people like myself, or like I was demanding to know plans for plot before it happens, so good luck in devising an answer!) :-)
MMXL

Steve M
Membership No:

Post by Steve M » 07 Jul 2018, 21:15

Two plot threads (currently)

The first I have mentioned at length elsewhere, so it isn't really a spoiler to say everyone gets a chance to put an end to the Axirian Empire. If it's taken up, then this side of the plot becomes about cementing alliances with other nations, possibly picking up a couple of enemies, and maybe building something bigger. No actual bad guys per se, unless you piss someone off enough to make one.

The other has a "big bad" with 1 hit per location and an idea. You need to fight the idea far harder than you need to fight the man. Get your preach on kids...

The first thread could in theory be hoarded by the PoPs. However, if the Guildmaster Baker votes for war on Guiadon and all the junior bakers hate the idea, I don't expect to see the Guildmaster in post for long. I'm going to be pushing Guildmasters and Primates to do the smart thing and consult their group. As to the second thread, that's going to be terribly hard to hoard, because all that participation requires is a voice or a pen.

In very general terms, the world is not going to end*, planes are not going to explode* and gods are not going to die*. However, the world is going to change considerably, and the players get to choose the outcome.

*I say that, I also want to run some player-led stuff, and let's face you lot are capable of anything.

"Volunteer"

Alina
Membership No:

Post by Alina » 16 Jul 2018, 12:09

That's really hard to answer without giving too much away but I'll give it a go.

Firstly I have a whole bunch of big bads planned some of these will be going out at fests but there's enough to distribute out between any branches that want to get involved, everyone can get a slice of tracking them down and killing them before summerfest, this way it won't all be happening in one place and it will make a genuine difference to how hard battles and camp attacks will be come summerfest.
I really hope that spreading stuff out like this facilitates s need to plot share.
I have a few other ways of trying to do this which in some cases will involve the same info going out in more than one place and also deliberately making plot seen by a lot of people, I won't make branches run LO pack encounters if they don't want to but I will make sure that each branch has the capacity to run key plot and some of the really big events will be happening publicly at fests.
I can't make people share plot but I can make sure plots known by more than one person or indeed one guild or church.
I can't really tell you how I think it will be different without spoilers but I am really trying to promote opportunities to allow players to create a meaningful long lasting change to the world.
Ashley Pugh
Baronet of Newford