Looking for a veteran blacksmiths

Heinks
Membership No:
Branch: Vallès
Main character profession/calling: Journeyman Blacksmith

Looking for a veteran blacksmiths

Post by Heinks » 27 Jul 2018, 09:53

Hello everyone, thank you for letting me participate. For now I am the first Blacksmith of the Spanish branch (Amnor)
I would need some more guidance for this job.

-------------

Hola a todos, gracias por dejarme participar. Por ahora soy el primer Herrero de la rama española (Amnor)
Necesitaria algo mas de guía para este oficio.
Hefesto, hijo de Iruk. Primer herrero de Amnor

mercyblackstaff
Membership No: LD0383
Branch: Leeds
Main character profession/calling: Apprentice Physician
Secondary character profession/calling: Kindred - Vleybor

Re: Looking for a veteran blacksmiths

Post by mercyblackstaff » 27 Jul 2018, 14:45

If you request to join the Blacksmiths Guild group, there will be plenty of Blacksmiths able to answer questions and help where they can.
Nesta

Nicola Iliffe - LD0383
---
Posts pre 01/09/19 made by other characters

ShaunL
Membership No: NW0470
Branch: Norwich
Main character profession/calling: High Father - Longstor

Post by ShaunL » 27 Jul 2018, 16:10

Been a while but:

As a starting smith, use your evaluate skill every encounter. Finding a player quality weapon is quite a boost for a starting character, even if its only a dagger.

As the only smith in Amnor, you should be getting a lot of trade from armour repairs and equipment sales. Be generous with your prices (within guild limits) as a well equipped party will keep YOU alive.

Depending on party size, you will probably have to fight. If you go sword (or any other weapon) and big shield, remember you can temper them to stop them being damaged. (Or temper a bow to stop it getting warped, a favourite monster tactic).

IF you are going to be a fighting smith, then metal armour is your friend, especially when you can get the "custom fitted" skill.

Carry a well stocked physrep tool kit, and as many other useful bits and pieces as you can afford and can carry. Spare weapons (blunts, sharps, subdues and axes), small bits of spare armour, Rope, chain, rivets, saws, a drill, wire cutters, pliers, all of these things come in very handy. You may not be able to pick a lock but you should have thetools required to get through any door, and on the flipside, not even the cleverest thief can pick the lock of his manacles if you rivet them together instead of using a padlock...

You may at some point find yourself quite well off. Once you have a fully stocked forge and a comfortable retirement home, spend the rest on alchemy or magical items that keep you and the party alive.
High Father Lowlife Half-Orc
Posts Prior to 15/7/17 Sir Corbin Du Bec, Feudal Knight
Posts Prior to 1/2/17 Doctor Uriah Lubricious Creep
Posts Prior to 17/8/14 - Guild Protector Godric Godricson

Heinks
Membership No:

Post by Heinks » 27 Jul 2018, 23:32

Thanks for answering. Being a blacksmith of Love, they have not yet given me access to the subforum. My LO has all the information. I recommend to stay Repair Own Armor, instead of Appraisla. We do not play with qualities, we are still very new so I need a guide. And of basic ability, to repair in battle. That's why I ask for help, I'd like to be able to improve the gaming experience. Any guide will be welcome.

------------------------

Gracias por contestar. Al ser herrero de Amor aun no me han dado acceso al subforo. Mi LO tiene toda la información. Me recomendo quedarme Repair Own Armor, en lugar de Appraisla. No jugamos con calidades, aun somos muy novatos por eso necesito guia. Y de habilidad básica, reparar en batalla. Por eso pido ayuda, me gustaría poder mejorar la experiencia de juego. Toda guia sera bienvenida.

lept
Membership No:
Branch: Derby
Main character profession/calling: Master - Demonologist

Post by lept » 04 Aug 2018, 00:27

Field repair is good to get, appraisal can be worth it for role play, heat resistances is also good for situations for the hire ranks if you can make the physreops or get hold of them then take armor patches as it can put peoples Armour back to full more quickly in a combat situations repair wooden shield as well as for advanced armor repair while it can be useful it depends on what the ref says as some may let you repair Armour quickly if it is out of combat or between encounters but Armour patches work far better then it dose for the job
Malcador, Derwentshire. Master mage.
School of Demonology.
Former apprentices of, Holly-Lynn Icechanter Master Enchanter Mage, Derwentshire Freewoman of Darby Dale
(Dwellin GP blacksmith 03/04/16-06/05/18)
(ooc Lewis Thompson DE 0816)

Heinks
Membership No:

Post by Heinks » 06 Aug 2018, 23:00

Thank you very much to all for the tips. Now I'm on the point that I need 30 crowns to be able to buy the forge and special tools, and so I can go up to senior ... maybe later I'll go to enchant, I have to check with my LO. Being few, that you recommend me, take as a second mercenary or enchat?