Summefest - Drink Me cards

Treasurer
Membership No:
Branch: Portsmouth

Summefest - Drink Me cards

Post by Treasurer » 19 Aug 2018, 15:58

Hi folks

One thing which has occurred to me in finalising the details for Summerfest catering is we have squash, tea and instant coffee laid on for everyone. This seems to have made the Drink Me card irrelevant, so I haven't been offering one this year.

However, I get the vague impression that some people like non-instant coffee, especially for breakfast. So we will be firing up the coffee machine again and filling up the pumpy-pumpy.

Which then leads to the question of how this gets paid for. I could just charge the same £5 as previous years, but that seems a bit harsh if everyone else is getting free tea and you're just updgaring a bit. So there are now three drinks options:

1) Basic drinks. Included in the price of admission. Tea, instant coffee, and squash are available for everyone

2) Pay as you go. As before, 1 copper piece gets you a cup of coffee or hot chocolate.

3) Drink Me card. This costs £5, as in previous years, but now gets you three cakes or chocolate bars over the weekend, to go with your unlimited filter coffeee and/or hot chocolate

Drink Me cards will be available from the bar, and will work only at the bar. Please don't try and use them at Conspiracy Catering, as that'll only confuse people :-)

ShaunL
Membership No: NW0470
Branch: Norwich
Main character profession/calling: High Father - Longstor

Re: Summefest - Drink Me cards

Post by ShaunL » 19 Aug 2018, 17:02

For the monetarily confused, can you tell me - after deducting the 3 cakes, how many cups of coffee/chocolate would I need to drink over the event to make it worth buying a Drink Me card instead of paying as I go?
High Father Lowlife Half-Orc
Posts Prior to 15/7/17 Sir Corbin Du Bec, Feudal Knight
Posts Prior to 1/2/17 Doctor Uriah Lubricious Creep
Posts Prior to 17/8/14 - Guild Protector Godric Godricson

Treasurer
Membership No:
Branch: Portsmouth

Re: Summefest - Drink Me cards

Post by Treasurer » 19 Aug 2018, 21:34

ShaunL wrote:
19 Aug 2018, 17:02
For the monetarily confused, can you tell me - after deducting the 3 cakes, how many cups of coffee/chocolate would I need to drink over the event to make it worth buying a Drink Me card instead of paying as I go?
You break even at six.