Where to find the cheapest riveted chain mail?

Yuber Okami

Where to find the cheapest riveted chain mail?

Post by Yuber Okami » 11 Sep 2018, 18:09

Just curious on that. I've seen some indian armourers on Youtube who could be the cheapest ones, but I'm not sure at all. Where did you buy your chainmails, guys?

CautiousOne
Membership No: CA0765
Branch: Cardiff
Main character profession/calling: Guildsman Scout

Re: Where to find the cheapest riveted chain mail?

Post by CautiousOne » 12 Sep 2018, 00:26

My sets are ebay purchases from India. Coming in at around £140 for xxl (50 inch chest) - aluminium though.

You may get better luck on Facebook! :)
Grundig Sailbearer
Uncle Sailbearer to some.

Before 26/08/19: Maximilian Greymane

(CA0765)

Yuber Okami

Post by Yuber Okami » 13 Sep 2018, 10:27

I'm seeing aluminium short-sleeved ones for 90 € (including shipping) on ebay. And they are riveted!!! I guess it's the place to go :S

turnest73
Membership No:
Branch: Peterborough
Main character profession/calling: Apprentice Scout
Secondary character profession/calling: Father Devotee - Tralda

Post by turnest73 » 13 Sep 2018, 19:59

got riveted ali shirt from allbeststuff or allthebeststuff an indian vendor via ebay ~ 5 years ago, & used probably 1 / month for 50% of those months since , while rivets are gradually popping for that "lived in" look, particularly around armpits / stress areas but still usable & with more TLC to reinforce with steel would likely not be so bad, nice n light, stacked it for a year or so with "fishmongers" scale (similar look to one set Conan has in one of the original movies) made from 3 vests bought on ebay over a year or so for superlight 10 points ;)
Reuben "Duck" Penwald, Apprentice Scout, Father Militant of Tralda, Breaker of shells, fillet-er of terrors from the depths.
(OOC Steve Turner - Peterborough Branch PE0681)